Holy Cross Welcomes American Wednesday Night
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross women’s basketball team is set to continue Patriot League action Wednesday, as the Crusaders welcome American to Worcester. Wednesday’s game will be broadcast online via the Patriot League Network on PatriotLeague.TV. In addition, the game will be broadcast on Emmauel Radio (1230 AM | 1230radio.com) with Bob Fouracre on play-by-play.
SCOUTING HOLY CROSS
• Holy Cross most recently fell to Bucknell 71-47 on Saturday afternoon.
• Sophomore Lauren Manis leads the Patriot League with 18.1points per game and ranks fifth in rebounds per game with 8.2. She surpassed 700 career points in the Crusaders’ win at Boston University.
• Senior Infiniti Thomas-Waheed ranks second in the Patriot League in scoring with 16.8 points per game. She notched her 1,000th career point in the win over Vermont with a jump shot in the third quarter, becoming the 33rd player in program history to reach the milestone.
• Head Coach Bill Gibbons is closing in on his 600th career victory, having earned 598 to date.
SERIES QUICK HITS
• The Crusaders are 22-15 all-time against American.
• In the last meeting between the two programs, Holy Cross defeated the Eagles 51-46 on Feb. 18, 2017.
• The first meeting between these two teams took place on Dec. 3, 2000, with the Crusaders earning a 67-62 win over American.
• In games played in Worcester, Holy Cross holds the edge in the all-time series at 12-6.
LAST TIME OUT
• Sophomore Lauren Manis led Holy Cross with 20 points, but the Holy Cross women’s basketball team fell to Bucknell 71-47 on Saturday afternoon.
• Manis posted 20 points for the Crusaders (9-10, 4-4) while adding eight rebounds, four blocks and three steals.
• Senior Infiniti Thomas-Waheed tallied 19 points with five rebounds and a pair of blocks.
• Bucknell (11-8, 5-3) was led by Kate Walker, who posted a game-high 25 points with six assists and five rebounds.
• Abby Kapp also had a strong game for the Bison, finishing with 11 points and six boards.
• Bucknell shot 41.0% (25-61) from the field, while Holy Cross shot 31.4% (16-51).
• From three-point range, the Bison hit 43.5% (10-23), while the Crusaders posted 23.5% (4-17).
• At the free throw line, Bucknell hit 91.7% (11-12) of its attempts as Holy Cross shot 73.3% (11-15).
SCOUTING REPORT ON AMERICAN
• American is 15-4 on the season with an undefeated 8-0 mark in the Patriot League. They are currently on a nine-game winning streak which began with a 75-66 overtime victory over Penn State on Dec. 20.
• The Eagles went 15-16 with an 11-7 record in the Patriot League last season, and were eliminated by Bucknell in the semifinal round of the Patriot League Tournament, 69-57.
• Emily Kinneston is the team’s leading scorer, averaging 14.2 points per game with a 45.0 field goal percentage.
• Cecily Carl is the top rebounder for American with an average of 8.1 rebounds per game.
• Head coach Megan Gebbia is in her fifth season with the Eagles.
• The Crusaders will return to action following the American game with Lafayette on Jan. 27 in Easton, Pa at 2:00 p.m.
Season and single-game tickets to see the Crusaders are on sale now. Make sure you don’t miss the opportunity to see the best collegiate basketball in Central Massachusetts! Tickets for Holy Cross basketball can be purchased online at GoHolyCross.com/tickets or over the phone by calling 1-844-GOCROSS.