Holy Cross Defeats Assumption 61-41 In Exhibition
WORCESTER, Mass. – Sophomore Lauren Manis totaled 22 points with 12 rebounds, two blocks and two assists as the Crusaders earned a 61-41 victory over Assumption in an exhibition game at the Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex.
Freshman Jenay Faulkner also finished the game in double-digits, adding 12 points along with a game-high four steals and four rebounds. Sophomore Kathryn Pedi notched nine points while shooting 3-for-4 from beyond the arc. Sophomore Nicole Morris posted a game-high four assists while scoring six points and adding a pair of steals.
The Crusaders made 46.8% of their field goal attempts, while holding the Greyhounds to just 27.3% shooting. Holy Cross held the advantage in rebounds, 37-32, and posted nine steals with five blocks on the defensive side of the ball.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Holy Cross opened up the game with a 13-2 run to jump out to an early lead, en route to outscoring Assumption 16-7 through the first quarter.
- The Greyhounds pulled within eight points on two occasions during the second quarter, but Holy Cross grew its lead to 14 before heading into the locker room up 33-19 at halftime.
- The Crusaders maintained their advantage throughout the third quarter, allowing Assumption no closer than 15 points and ending the quarter up 49-26.
- Holy Cross led by as many as 31 points in the fourth quarter, and kept its lead to defeat Assumption by a final of 61-41.
- Holy Cross opens its regular season next Sunday, Nov. 12, as the Crusaders travel to UMass Lowell for a 4:00 p.m. game.