This Week In Holy Cross Athletics Presented By JMB Financial Advisors
C&R TIRE CRUSADER OF THE WEEK
Senior Hannah Jeter has been named the C&R Tire Crusader of the Week, for competition from Oct. 23-29. Jeter finished in fifth place at last weekend’s Patriot League Championship for the Holy Cross women’s cross country team. For the complete story, click here.
HOLY CROSS ATHLETICS TOP FIVE
Here is a look at this week’s top five noteworthy moments in Holy Cross Athletics:
* Women’s swimming sophomore Kayleigh Hoagland was named the Swimmer of the Meet at the Worcester City Championship, after placing first in the 50-yard freestyle (24.95, meet record), 100-yard freestyle (54.79) and 200-yard freestyle (1:58.95, meet record).
* Field hockey senior Maureen Connolly tallied four goals and one assist in two games last week, and now has a Holy Cross single-season record 47 points this season.
* Men’s ice hockey senior Scott Pooley scored four goals in two games last week, including a hat trick in Friday’s 5-3 win over Dartmouth.
* Men’s swimming junior Steve Tierney placed first in the 50-yard freestyle (22.38) and 200-yard freestyle (1:47.22) in Friday’s victory over Fairfield, then won the 100-yard freestyle (48.32) at the Worcester City Championship on Saturday.
* Women’s diving junior Casey Sherman earned Diver of the Meet honors at the Worcester City Championship, after placing first and posting NCAA qualifying scores in both the one-meter diving (290.15) and the three-meter diving (321.90).
UPCOMING HOLY CROSS EVENTS
Click here for our calendar of events!
This Week in Holy Cross Athletics is presented by JMB Financial Advisors.
JMB Financial Advisors – President, Stephen Lovelette '78 – www.jmbfinancialadvisors.com