Men's Lacrosse To Host Providence In Season-Opener
|Game 1: HOLY CROSS (0-0, 0-0 Patriot League) vs. PROVIDENCE (0-1, 0-0 BIG EAST)|
|DATE:||Sat., Feb. 11 at 2:00 p.m.||LOCATION:||Worcester, Mass.|
|SERIES RECORD:||Holy Cross leads, 17-11||LAST MEETING:||12-8, Providence (Feb. 12, 2016)|
|LIVE STATS:||NeuLion Stats||LIVE VIDEO:||Patriot League Network|
The Holy Cross men’s lacrosse team will host Providence in the Crusaders’ season-opener on Saturday, Feb. 11 at 2:00 p.m. Here is what you need to know as the Crusaders enter the first week of the season.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Holy Cross will host Providence at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 11 at Kuzniewski Field at the Luth Athletic Complex in the season opener for the Crusaders. The game will be streamed on the Patriot League Network with Justin Moore on the call. The Friars started their season last week with a 8-7 double overtime loss to Boston University. The Holy Cross Athletics Team Shop will be open in the Luth Athletic Complex. So be sure to check out all of your favorite Crusader gear!
- The Crusaders are 17-11 all-time versus Providence. Holy Cross won the first meeting by a 9-5 score on April 21, 1980. The Friars won the most recent contest between the teams by a 12-8 score on Feb. 12, 2016 in Providence, R.I. To read the recap go here. The Crusaders’ last victory versus Providence was a 11-8 win on the road on April 14, 2012. To read the recap go here.
- Last season, Providence lost to Denver in the Big East semifinals. This was the Friars’ first ever Big East Tournament appearance. Providence finished in a three-way tie for fourth place in the league with a record of 7-9 overall and 1-5 in the Big East.
- Last year, the Crusaders went 4-11 overall and 3-5 in the Patriot League in their second season under head coach Judd Lattimore. Holy Cross qualified for the Patriot League Tournament for the first time in program history.
- Holy Cross had three Patriot League wins which tied the program record. The Crusaders also won three straight Patriot League games for the first time in program history. The Crusaders’ senior class led the team to its most Patriot League victories in a four-year span in program history. With 132 caused turnovers, the team set a school record and with 8.8 caused turnovers per game, the team was ranked sixth nationally.
- After the Providence game, the Crusaders return to action when they play at Vermont on Saturday, Feb. 18 at 1:00 p.m.
- The Team Shop will be open in the Luth Athletic Complex for the Providence game! So be sure to check out all of your favorite Crusader gear!
CRUSADERS TO HOST SIX GAMES:
- The Crusaders will play 13 regular season games, hosting six at Kuzniewski Field.
- Go here to view the complete schedule.
16TH YEAR OF JOHN'S BROTHERS:
- This is the 16th season that the Crusaders have participated in Big Brothers/Big Sisters through John's Brothers. This year the Crusaders raised over $14,000 for the program at the Rodman Ride For Kids.
- Go here to read more about what John's Brothers means to the program.