Men's Lacrosse To Hit The Road To Take On #12 Loyola Maryland
|Game 5: Holy Cross (1-3, 1-0 Patriot League) at #12 Loyola (Md.) (2-2, 1-0 Patriot League)|
|DATE:||Sat., March 4 at 12:00 p.m.||LOCATION:||Baltimore, Md.|
|SERIES RECORD:||Loyola leads, 2-1||LAST MEETING:||10-9, #5 Loyola (March 5, 2016)|
|LIVE STATS:||Game Center||LIVE VIDEO:||Patriot League Network|
The Holy Cross men’s lacrosse team, which is 1-0 in the Patriot League with its first ever victory versus Lehigh, is set to travel to Baltimore to take on No. 12 Loyola Maryland on Saturday. Here is what you need to know as the Crusaders enter the fourth week of the season.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Holy Cross will play at No. 12 Loyola Maryland on Saturday, March 4 at 12:05 p.m. The game can be seen on the Patriot League Network.
- The Greyhounds began Patriot League play with a 18-5 win at Lafayette this past Saturday and are currently 2-2 overall with a 16-15 loss to No. 14 Virginia, a 13-12 defeat to No. 5 Johns Hopkins and a 11-7 win versus No. 14 Towson.
- Last year, Loyola defeated Holy Cross by a 10-9 score. The Crusaders are 1-2 all-time against the Greyhounds, with a 13-12 win in the 2015 season and and a 16-4 defeat in 2014.
- The Crusaders are 1-0 in the Patriot League for the fourth time in program history as they also started off the PL season with a win in 1994, 2010 and 2015. The Crusaders are looking to start the Patriot League season 2-0 for the first time in program history.
- After the Loyola game, the Crusaders will play at Bucknell on Saturday, March 11 at 1:00 p.m.
HOLY CROSS DEFEATS LEHIGH FOR THE FIRST TIME
- The Crusaders earned their first ever win against Lehigh last Saturday, Feb. 25 with a 14-8 victory, as the Mountain Hawks had won the previous 26 meetings.
- Senior Jon Vogel posted a career-best six goals and seven points, while freshman goalie Jonathan Tesoro made 13 saves for a .619 save percentage to secure his first collegiate victory.
- Go here to read the recap.
CRUSADERS SECOND IN THE NATION IN CAUSED TURNOVERS
- The Crusaders currently rank second nationwide and lead the Patriot League in caused turnovers with 11.0 per game.
- Sophomore Matt Farrell ranks 12th in the nation and fifth in the Patriot League with eight caused turnovers this season. He is also eighth in the Patriot League with 4.75 ground balls per game.
- Junior Henry Lilly is tied for sixth in the Patriot League with seven caused turnovers.
BUERMANN CONTINUES 11-GAME SCORING STREAK
- Senior Marc Buermann is on an 11-game goal scoring streak, and is 10th in the nation for the longest streak.
- Buermann’s streak began on March 26, 2016, against Jacksonville. He has posted at least one goal in the last 11 games, for a total of 15 goals.