Crusaders To Host Colgate In Big PL Contest On Senior Day
|Game 12: Holy Cross (3-8, 3-3 Patriot League) vs. Colgate (4-7, 2-4 Patriot League)|
|DATE:||Sat., April 15 at 12:05 p.m.||LOCATION:||Worcester, Mass.|
|SERIES RECORD:||Colgate leads, 25-2||LAST MEETING:||12-6, HC (April 16, 2016)|
|LIVE STATS:||NeuLion Stats||LIVE VIDEO:||Patriot League Network|
The Holy Cross men’s lacrosse team (3-8, 3-3 Patriot League) is set to host Colgate (4-7, 2-4 Patriot League) in a big Patriot League matchup on April 15 on Senior Day. Here is what you need to know as the Crusaders enter the 10th week of the season.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Holy Cross will host Colgate on Saturday, April 15 at 12:05 p.m., on Senior Day. The game can be seen on the Patriot League Network with A.J. Kanell and Justin Moore on the call. The Senior Day ceremony will also be broadcasted so please tune in early. Go here to watch the game.
- The Crusaders’ 3-3 conference record is their best start to a Patriot League season in program history. The three victories ties the program record for the most Patriot League wins. The Crusaders also posted three Patriot League wins the past two seasons (2015 and 2016).
- With a victory versus the Raiders, the Crusaders will clinch a bid to the Patriot League Tournament. Last year, Holy Cross earned its first ever bid to the Patriot League Tournament.
- The Crusaders (3-3) are tied with Boston University (3-3) for third place in the Patriot League standings. Army West Point (6-0) is first and Loyola Maryland (5-1) is second. Navy (3-4) and Lehigh (3-4) are tied for fifth, while Colgate (2-4) and Bucknell (2-4) are tied for seventh, and Lafayette (1-5) is ninth. The top six teams qualify for the Patriot League Tournament. Go here to view the standings.
- Last year, Holy Cross defeated Colgate by a 12-6 score in Hamilton, N.Y., on April 16. The Raiders lead the all-time series 25-2 against the Crusaders.
- After the Colgate game, the Crusaders will conclude the regular season at Turnpike Trophy rival Boston University on Friday, April 21 at 7:00 p.m., at Nickerson Field.
- Before the game, the Crusaders will honor their 11 seniors for their hard work and dedication to the program.
- This year’s senior class has led the Crusaders to their most Patriot League wins during a four-year span in program history with 10. As sophomores this class contributed to the team earning their first two victories versus top 10 nationally ranked opponents with wins versus No. 8 Loyola Maryland and No. 9 Army West Point. The Crusaders were also ranked No. 19 in the country earning their first ever national ranking. Then as juniors, Holy Cross qualified for the Patriot League Tournament for the first time ever.
- Go here to read about how big of an impact the senior class has had on the program.
- The Team Shop will be open on Saturday, April 15! So be sure to check out all of your favorite Crusader gear at the game! The Dogfather Truck of Worcester will also be selling concessions on Saturday!
LUX TALLIES 100TH CAREER POINT
- Senior Kevin Lux has 62 goals, 38 assists and 100 career points. He is the 23rd Crusader in program history to record 100 points.
- He leads the team this season with 14 assists and is second with 27 points. His 13 goals are tied for third on the team. His 1.27 assists per game are tied for seventh in the Patriot League and 61st nationally.
CRUSADERS RANK EIGHTH IN THE NATION IN CAUSED TURNOVERS
- The Crusaders are eighth in the nation and second in the Patriot League in caused turnovers with 9.00 per game.
- Sophomore Matt Farrellis seventh in the Patriot League and 21st in the nation with 1.64 caused turnovers per game. Junior Henry Lilly is ninth in the league and 29th in the nation with 1.45 caused turnovers per game. Farrell is 10th in the Patriot League and 43rd in the nation with 4.27 ground balls per game. Freshman Mike Martens is 47th nationally with 4.00 ground balls per game.
KIRKPATRICK LEADING THE TEAM IN POINTS
- Senior Sean Kirkpatrick’s 29 points and 20 goals are ranked first on the team. His nine assists are second.
- Kirkpatrick has four hat tricks this season.
CRUSADERS TO HOLD ANNUAL CLINIC FOR A CAUSE
- The Crusaders will hold their third annual Clinic for a Cause prior to the home game against Colgate on Saturday, April 15. The clinic will run from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at Holy Cross and is open to youth lacrosse players in grades eight or below. There is a suggested donation of $10 to attend the clinic with all proceeds benefitting the All in All the Time Foundation.
- The All in All the Time Foundation was established in 2008 as a tribute to the memory of US Navy SEAL Senior Chief Petty Officer Tom Valentine. It provides an immediate response to fill the interim needs of the surviving spouses and children of fallen warriors.
- Clinic participants will get hands-on training from Holy Cross men’s lacrosse coaches and student-athletes and are also invited to stay for the Crusaders' home game against Colgate at 12:00 p.m. on Senior Day. Registration for the clinic can be found here. Participants should bring a helmet, gloves, pads and stick. To make a $10 donation to All in All the Time go here or bring $10 cash to the clinic. Questions can be sent to email@example.com.
- You can get the latest news and results on the men's lacrosse team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here. You can also follow the men's lacrosse team on Twitter at HCrossMLax, Facebook and Instagram.