Men's Lacrosse Set to Host Vermont
Game 2: Holy Cross (0-1, 0-0 Patriot League)
vs. Vermont (3-0, 0-0 America East)
|DATE:||Sat., Feb. 17 at 2:00 p.m.||LOCATION:||Worcester, Mass.|
|LAST MEETING:||14-8, UVM (Feb. 18, 2017)|
|LIVE STATS:||GoHolyCross.com||LIVE VIDEO:||N/A|
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross men’s lacrosse team will host its first game at Kuzniewski Field in 2018 when they welcome the Catamounts on Saturday, Feb. 17 at 2:00 p.m.
• Holy Cross opened the season with a 9-6 loss at Providence.
• Through one game, freshman Rowan Hart leads the Crusaders with one goal and one assist.
• Logan LeBlond posted two assists in Holy Cross’ opening game.
• Holy Cross saw six different scorers in Providence and a total of eight Crusaders recorded at least a point on the box score.
• Jonathan Tesoro started in goal for Holy Cross and recorded 10 saves for a .526 save percentage.
• With six man-up opportunities on Feb. 10, the Crusaders capitalized twice for a conversion percentage of .333.
• With an average of 8.73 caused turnovers per game, the Crusaders finished the season ranked 10th in the nation and second in the Patriot League in the 2017 season.
Scouting the Catamounts
• The Catamounts have played three games and are off to a 3-0 start in 2018.
• Ian MacKay leads Vermont with 11 points from eight goals and three assists.
• Warren Jeffrey leads in ground balls with 11. Jeffrey has also recorded the second most caused turnovers on the team at four.
• Nick Washuta has played 174:33 minutes, starting in all three games for Vermont. Washuta has made 28 saves for a .683 save percentage.