Men's Lacrosse to Play No. 9 Loyola on March 4
Game 5: Holy Cross (1-3, 0-1 Patriot League)
vs. #9 Loyola (3-1, 1-0 Patriot League)
|DATE:||Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 12:05 p.m.||LOCATION:||Worcester, Mass.|
|LAST MEETING: 13-3, Loyola (April 28, 2017)|
|LIVE STATS:||Game Tracker||LIVE VIDEO:||Patriot League Network|
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross men’s lacrosse team will host No. 9 Loyola for their first home Patriot League game of the 2018 season. The Crusaders and Greyhounds will face off at 12:05 p.m. on Sunday, March 4. Due to severe inclement weather, the Crusaders and Greyhounds game has been changed to Sunday, March 4, at 12:05 p.m.
• The Crusaders are 1-3 on the season and 0-1 in Patriot League play, after dropping a 15-4 decision at Lehigh.
• Four different Crusaders scored in the game and Drew Babiak continues to lead the Holy Cross offense.
• Dan O'Connell has taken every faceoff for Holy Cross, amassing 44 wins for a .524 win percentage.
• Junior defender Matt Farrell has picked up a team-best 20 ground balls in addition to causing nine turnovers.
• Jonathan Tesoro has started every game in goal for Holy Cross this season, with a .462 save percentage and an 11.55 goals against average.
Scouting the Greyhounds
• Loyola travels to Holy Cross with a 3-1 record and 1-0 mark in league action.
• Pat Spencer ranks first on the team in points with 18 on nine goals and nine assists while Jay Drapeau has the team’s highest goal total at 10.
• Mike Orefice has taken 78 faceoffs for the Greyhounds with a .436 win percentage.
• Defensively, Brian Begley has picked up 12 ground balls and caused three turnovers in four games played.
• Between the pipes, three Greyhounds have seen time but Jacob Stover has started in all four games. With 32 saves, Stover has a .525 save percentage and a 2.59 goals against average.
• The Crusaders will continue Patriot League action when they play host to Bucknell on March. 10 at 1:00 p.m. in Worcester, Mass.