Men's Lacrosse To Host Turnpike Trophy Battle
Game 10: Holy Cross (4-8, 2-5 Patriot League)
vs. Boston University (6-7, 2-5 Patriot League)
|DATE:||April 20 | 7:05 p.m.||LOCATION:||Worcester, Mass.|
|LAST MEETING:||L, 12-11 OT | April 21, 2017|
|LIVE STATS:||GoHolyCross.com||LIVE VIDEO:||Stadium TV|
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross men’s lacrosse team will play its final home game at Kuzniewiski Field for the 2018 regular season finale with the Boston University Terriers at 7:05 p.m. on April 20. Prior to the game, the program will honor its five graduating seniors: Henry Lilly, Logan LeBlond, Rich Palazzese, Jake Maruna, and Henry Faron.
• The Crusaders host the Terriers after back-to-back Patriot League wins. Holy Cross holds a 4-8 overall record and 2-5 mark in league action.
• Kevin Kodzis has led the Crusaders offense with 20 goals and six assists for 26 points. Kodzis has recorded 13 goals in the Crusaders last four outings.
• With 10 helpers, Logan LeBlond leads the team.
• Matt Farrell has caused a team best 17 turnovers as a defenseman.
• With a .565 win percentage, Dan O'Connell has taken all but six faceoffs for the Crusaders and won 140.
• Between the pipes for Holy Cross, Jonathan Tesoro holds and 11.02 goals against average and a .454 save percentage. In the Crusaders’ last outing, Tesoro put up 13 saves.
• After a five point performance at Colgate, Sean Mullaney earned a spot on the Patriot League Honor Roll.
• With a 2-5 league record, Holy Cross sits in a four-way tie for fifth place. The Crusaders are tied with Colgate, Boston University and Army.
• A win would put the Crusaders in playoff contention.
• In the tie for fifth place, Holy Cross owns the tiebreaker over Colgate.
Scouting the Terriers
• The Terriers travel to Worcester with a 6-7 overall record and a 2-5 league mark.
• In their last outing, Boston University fell at Loyola, 23-9.
• James Burr leads BU with 33 goals and 10 assists for 43 points.
• With a .500 win percentage, Sean Christman has taken the most faceoffs for the Terriers (162).
• In goal, Joe McSorley has played in all 13 games for the Terriers and holds a .514 save percentage and 11.36 goals against average.
• BU averages 10.23 goals per game and 11.69 goals against per game.