Holy Cross Strength & Conditioning Flexibility Page
Improve functional range of motion
Improve rate of recovery
Reduce likelihood of injury
Static stretch post workout
Hold each stretch for 40-60 seconds
Stretch prior to sleep
Pre Workout stretching should be dynamic in nature
Any specific tightness should be stretched more than twice per day
Assume a track start position on the ground with your right leg in front and left behind. Hands stay on the ground, and toes point straight ahead. Attempt to straighten your front leg and hold for 10 seconds. Return back to the starting position, and turn your toes in as much as you can. Attempt to stand up again and hold for 10 seconds. Return back to the starting position, and turn your toes out as much as you can. Attempt to stand up again and hold for 10 seconds. Switch legs. Your hands stay on the ground for all 3 stretches.
Assume a position on the floor where your right leg is bent and laying on its side. Your left leg should be straight back behind you. Position 1 is with your hands in the air, position 2 is with your elbows on the ground.
Neck - Fwd/Back/Left Side/Right Side
Shrugs - 8 up and back/ 8 up and forward
Windmill - Right Arm/ 8 forward/8 back
Windmill - Left Arm/ 8 forward/ 8 back
2 Arm Big Circles/ 8 forward
2 Arm Little Circles/ 8 forward
2 Arm Big Circles/ 8 backward
2 Arm Little Circles/ 8 backward
Feet Shoulder Width/ Locked in place/ Trunk Twist x 8
Feet Rotating Trunk Twist x 8
Wide Base Rotating Lunge x 10
Lateral Squat/ Arms Up
1 Leg Straight Leg Toe Touch x 8 (kick back leg up)
1 Leg Rotate In Toe Touch x8
Switch Legs and Repeat Above 2 Exercises
Hand Walk Out Calf Stretch x 8 each leg
Spider Lunges x 8
Lay on Belly/ Push Up x 4
Lay on Belly Push Up to each side x 2 each side
Hands Out/ Scorpions x 10
Flip on Back/ Scorpions x 10
1. High Knee Walk
2. Figure 4 Walk
3. 1 Hand Heel to Butt
4. Opp. Hand Heel to Butt
5. 1 Hand Heel to Butt w/ SLDL
6. 1 Leg SLDL Forward
7. 1 Leg SLDL Backward
8. Lunge to Hamstring
9. OH Lunge Walk w/ Side Bend
10. Backward Lungewalk w/ Extension and Twist
11. Lateral Squat Walk (right)
12. Lateral Squat Walk (left)
13. Straight Leg Crossover *switch half way
14. Backward Inchworm
5. 1 Hand Heel to butt SLDL- Walk forward while bringing your right foot to your butt. Grab your foot with your right hand, and then reach down and touch the ground with your left hand. Stand all the way back up, and switch legs.
6. 1 Leg SLDL Walk Forward- Keep your legs slightly bent througout. With arms arms out to the side, step forward on to your right leg, and lift your left leg as high as you can while keeping your back flat. Stand back up and switch.
8. Lunge to Hamstring- Lunge forward with your right leg, and drop your both hands to the inside of that foot and drop your back knee. Hold for a second and then attempt to flatten the heel of your back leg out. Keep your hands on the ground for both parts.
9. OH Lunge Walk w/ Side bend- Grab your right thumb with your left hand and keep your arms straight throughout. Lunge forward and bend into the leg that is forward, so you feel a stretch down your opposite side. Keep your arms straight, and chest up!
11. & 12. Lateral Squat Walk- Face forward and take a step out to the side and lunge onto that leg while keeping your other leg straight. Both toes must face straight ahead. Keep chest up and back flat; reach arms forward as you reach your butt back.
13. Straight Leg Crossover- Stand perpendicular to the direction that you are going. Step your right over your left and reach down and touch your left foot. Keep your knees slightly bent throughout. Stand all the way back up and repeat. Switch directions when you get half way.
14. Backward Inchworm- Begin in a pushup position, and keep your knees and arms straight throughout the drill. Drop your hips to the ground at the bottom, then walk your hands towards your feet by bringing your butt straight up in the air. When you can no longer get further with your hands, walk your feet back out until you are back in a pushup position. Keep your knees straight!
Quick Feet (F/B/L/R)
Icky Shuffle (F/B)
Hip Switch (F/B) -180's
Crossover in Front (F/B)
Cross behind (F/B)
One In (F)
Follow w/ Lunge Series x5 ea