Overall: 1-6; Last Week: 0-3
Scoreboard: Nevada 8, Holy Cross 1, Reno, Nev., 3/2
Nevada 12, Holy Cross 10, Reno, Nev., 3/2
Nevada 7, Holy Cross 6, Reno, Nev., 3/3
Schedule: Tuesday, March 5 at Cal Poly; San Luis Obispo, Calif., 9:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 6 at Cal Poly; San Luis Obispo, Calif., 9:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 7 vs. Michigan; San Diego, Calif., 5:00 p.m.
Friday, March 8 at San Diego; San Diego, Calif., 9:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 9 vs. St. Louis; San Diego Calif., 2:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 10 at San Diego; San Diego, Calif., 4:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross baseball team continued its season versus Nevada on Saturday and Sunday, March 2-3, as it lost a three-game series to the Wolfpack. Nevada won the first game, 8-1, the second game, 12-10, and the third contest, 7-6.
- This week, the Crusaders will continue their west coast spring break trip with six games on the schedule. Holy Cross will begin the week with a two-game series on Tuesday and Wednesday, March 5-6, at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, Calif., with both games starting at 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
- The Crusaders will then embark to San Diego, Calif. to play in four games in a tournament held by the University of San Diego. On Thursday, March 7, Holy Cross will take on Michigan at 5:00 p.m., while on Friday, March 8, the team will take on host San Diego at 9:30 p.m. for the weekend, the Crusaders will play St. Louis on Saturday, March 9 at 2:00 p.m. and wrap up the trip on Sunday, March 10 versus San Diego. All contests are listed in Eastern Time.
- Cal Poly is 9-1 on the young season after winning its first seven games of the season. Michigan is 5-6 on the year coming off a loss to Florida Gulf Coast on Monday, March 4. San Diego is 7-4 overall and is currently on a five-game winning streak, while St. Louis is 7-4 and has dropped two contests in a row.
- Holy Cross junior second baseman Andrew Barry (Puyallup, Wash.) led the team offensively this past weekend as he batted .636 (7-for-11) with a pair of runs and RBIs. Classmate Brandon Cipolla (Abington, Mass.) also had a good week at the plate as he went 7-for-12 (.583) with three runs scored, a double and two RBIs. Cipolla was listed as an honorable mention for Patriot League Player of the Week as he leads the Patriot League with a .458 batting average.
- Senior first baseman and catcher Jordan Enos (Stockton, Calif.) batted .417 versus Nevada (5-for-12) with one run, two doubles and four RBIs. Fourth-year shortstop Alex Maldonado (Brooklyn, N.Y.) three hits on the weekend with a double, triple and three RBIs.
- Freshman infielder Nick Lovullo (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) leads the team with 10 runs scored as he had three in the games versus Nevada.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross baseball team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.