Crusaders To Play Four Games At Yale This Weekend
Overall: 2-13; Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: St. John's 8, Holy Cross 3, Queens, N.Y., 3/16
St. John's 12, Holy Cross 8, Queens, N.Y., 3/17
Schedule: Tuesday, March 19 vs. Boston College; Worcester, Mass., postponed
Saturday, March 23 at Yale (DH); New Haven, Conn., 2:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 24 at Yale (DH); New Haven, Conn., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross baseball team lost both contests last weekend to St. John's. On Saturday, March 16 the Crusaders were defeated by a score of 8-3. The contest began on March 16, but was halted due to snow and resumed on Sunday, March 17. The second game of the weekend took place on Sunday, March 17 as the Red Storm won, 12-8. With the two defeats, Holy Cross falls to 2-13 on the season.
- The Crusaders game versus Boston College on Tuesday, March 19 at 5:00 p.m. has been postponed due to weather. No makeup date has been announced yet.
- This weekend, the Crusaders will play a pair of doubleheaders at Yale. On Saturday, March 23, Holy Cross takes on the Bulldogs in a doubleheader at Yale Field, beginning at 2:00 p.m. Then on Sunday, March 24, the Crusaders play Yale in a twin bill with the first pitch slated for 1:00 p.m. Holy Cross was scheduled to play Yale on Saturday, March 23 at Fitton Field, but the games were moved to New Haven, Conn. due to field conditions in Worcester.
- Holy Cross senior outfielder Patrick Puentes (East Greenbush, N.Y.) hit his second home run of the season during the contest on Saturday, as he went 1-for-4 on the weekend and led the team with three runs scored and three RBIs. Puentes is tied with Holy Cross junior Mike Ahmed (East Longmeadow, Mass.) for the Patriot League lead in home runs.
- Crusaders freshman infielder Nick Lovullo (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) had the best batting average on the weekend as he batted .500 (4-for-8) with one run and two RBIs. For the season, Lovullo has a .265 batting average and is tied for the lead with 13 runs scored. His batting average is 15th best in the Patriot League and he is tied for first place in the conference in runs.
- Holy Cross sophomore outfielder Evan Ocello (Camarillo, Calif.) went 3-for-10 versus the Red Storm with one run scored and a pair of RBIs. Ocello ranks third in the Patriot League with a .373 batting average, while junior Andrew Barry (Puyallup, Wash.) ranks second in the conference at .382. Ocello leads the Patriot League in RBIs (15) and is tied for first in runs scored (13).
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross baseball team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.