• Ranks sixth all-time at Holy Cross with a career kickoff return average of 22.1 yards.
AS A JUNIOR IN 2009:
• Earned second team All-Patriot League honors.
• Started all 12 games at free safety.
• Ranked sixth on the team with 55 total tackles, including 49 solo stops.
• Also totaled five pass breakups, an interception and a forced fumble.
• Returned 31 kickoffs for 686 yards, good for an average of 22.1 yards per return.
• Ranked fourth in the Patriot League in kickoff returns.
• Placed third on the Holy Cross single-season lists for both kickoff returns and kickoff return yards.
• Totaled eight solo tackles, two pass breakups and a forced fumble against Sacred Heart.
• Made eight solo tackles in the Fordham game.
• Recorded five tackles against Bucknell, Lehigh and Villanova.
• Had four tackles against Colgate, while returning five kickoffs for 136 yards.
• His 136 kickoff return yards against Colgate were the eighth-most ever by a Holy Cross player in a single game.
AS A SOPHOMORE IN 2008:
• Started all 11 games at free safety.
• Was fifth on the team with 47 total tackles on the year, including 37 solo stops.
• Broke up five passes on the season.
• Ranked 34th in the Patriot League in total tackles.
• Totaled seven tackles, one tackle for loss and a pass breakup at Dartmouth.
• Made seven tackles and broke up a pass at Yale.
• Recorded six tackles and a pass breakup at Georgetown.
• Had six tackles and broke up a pass against Lehigh.
• Posted six solo tackles at Colgate.
AS A FRESHMAN IN 2007:
• Played in five games as a backup safety.
• Made three tackles on the season.
• Totaled two tackles, an interception and a pass breakup at Bucknell.
• Had one tackle and recovered a fumble at Lehigh.
HOLY CROSS TRACK & FIELD:
• Ran the 400-meter dash and the 400-meter hurdles for the Crusaders in the spring of 2010.
• A two-time All-State, All-Conference and All-County selection for Perry Meridian High School.
• Named team MVP during his senior season, when he recorded 55 tackles, two interceptions and five pass breakups.
• Totaled 142 tackles, four interceptions and 15 pass breakups during his high school career.
• Also had 78 career receptions for 848 yards.
• Selected to play in the 2007 Indiana North-South All Star Game.
• Four-year letterwinner on the track team as a hurdler.
• Son of Steve and Lynne Johnson.
• Majoring in Political Science.
|JOHNSON'S DEFENSIVE STATISTICS|