• Will serve as one of the Crusaders' tri-captains this
AS A JUNIOR IN 2010:
• Named first team All-Patriot League.
• Started nine contests at linebacker.
• Led the team with 108 total tackles, even though he missed two full games due to injury.
• Also recorded two tackles for loss, two fumble recoveries, a forced fumble and a pass breakup.
• Led the Patriot League and ranked fifth in nation in total tackles.
• Also ranked second in the conference in fumble recoveries and seventh in forced fumbles, while standing second in the nation in solo tackles and 43rd in fumble recoveries.
• Reached double figures in tackles seven times, including five straight games to end the year.
• Led team in tackles in eight of the nine games he played.
• Two-time Patriot League Defensive Player of the Week selection, on Sept. 25 and Nov. 13.
• Totaled a season-high 17 tackles during the victory at Lafayette, including 11 solo stops and a tackle for loss.
• Recorded 16 tackles and a pass breakup at Georgetown.
• Had 14 total tackles and a forced fumble against Lehigh.
• Finished with 12 total tackles in the victory over Bucknell.
• Made 12 tackles in the win over Howard, including one tackle for loss.
AS A SOPHOMORE IN 2009:
• Selected to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll.
• Saw action in all 12 games as a backup linebacker and on special teams.
• Totaled 20 tackles on the season.
• Made a season-high eight tackles at Villanova in the NCAA playoffs.
• Recorded four solo tackles in the victory over Colgate.
• Posted two tackles and a pass breakup at Fordham.
• Also had two tackles against Dartmouth and Sacred Heart.
AS A FRESHMAN IN 2008:
• Played in seven games as a backup linebacker and on special teams.
• Made seven tackles on the year.
• Recorded three tackles against Lehigh.
• Made a pair of tackles at Dartmouth.
• Also had tackles against Brown and Fordham.
• Played for coach Doug Ramsey at Elder High School in Cincinnati, Ohio.
• Earned second team All-Greater Catholic League honors.
• Named honorable mention All-City by the Cincinnati Enquirer.
• Selected as the Most Valuable Player of the Cincinnati Crosstown Showdown.
• Recorded a team-high 78 total tackles during both his junior and senior seasons.
• Team ended Charlotte (N.C.) Independence’s 109-game winning streak with a 41-34 overtime victory in the Kirk Herbstreit Challenge.
• Also lettered in baseball.
• Member of National Honor Society.
• Son of Rick and Tammy Otis.
• Majoring in Economics.
|OTIS' DEFENSIVE STATISTICS|