WORCESTER, Mass. - The 15th annual Holy Cross Cares Day took place on Saturday, March 24, 2012, with Holy Cross students going out into the Worcester area to perform community service activities. Numerous student-athletes from the football team took part in the day's events.
The day involved student volunteers performing various activities, including painting, raking and picking up trash at schools, churches and parks throughout the city of Worcester. Holy Cross Cares Day is a completely student-organized event. Students performed their community service at a number of loctaions, including:
- Canal District Alliance, Blackstone River Bank clean up (McKeon Road)
- Nativity School of Worcester (67 Lincoln Street)
- Cookson Park (entrance near Kendig Street, off College Street)
- St. Stephen School (355 Grafton Street)
- Crompton Park (Harding Street to Endicott Street)
- Worcester Tree Initiative (West Boylston Street, by the eagle statue)