October 30, 2012
Holy Cross Wraps Up 2012 Fall Slate
Scoreboard: NEIGA Championship, 10th of 35 teams, Brewster, Mass., 10/28
- The Holy Cross men's golf team concluded its 2012 fall season at the New England Intercollegiate Golf Association Championship on Sunday, Oct. 28 at the Captain's Golf Course in Brewster, Mass. The Crusaders placed in 10th overall out of 35 Division I, II and III teams at the rain-shortened event.
- Only one round was played as the team combined to shoot a 320. UMass Lowell and St. Anselm would tie for first place overall with a team score of 311.
- Junior Peter Cahill (Wellesley, Mass.) captured the Division I medalist after defeating Bryant's Kyle Buschmann on the first playoff hole. Cahill shot a four-over 76, which tied him for sixth place overall. Cahill's average 18-hole round of 75.4 is second best on the team.
- Junior Tim DiStefano (Albany, N.Y.) would tie for 40th place with a one round score of 80 (plus-eight). Senior Steve Zychowski (Mendham, N.J.) tied for 51st place with an 18-hole score of 81 (plus-nine). Zychowski leads the team with an average score of 74.8 for 18 holes.
- The 2013 spring schedule will be release at a later date.