Crusaders Hit The Road To Play Rutgers & #16 Colgate
Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 2-2 (0-0 Patriot League); Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: Harvard 16, Holy Cross 12, Cambridge, Mass., 2/26
Holy Cross 11, Sacred Heart 9, Fairfield, Conn., 3/2
Schedule: Tuesday, March 5, at Rutgers, Piscataway, N.J., 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 9, at Colgate, Hamilton, N.Y., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team will return to action on Tuesday, March 5, when the team will travel to Piscataway, N.J., to meet Rutgers at 3:00 p.m. This will be the first ever contest between the two teams. The Scarlet Knights are 2-3 overall so far this season. On Saturday, March 9, the team will travel to Hamilton, N.Y., to start Patriot League action versus No. 16 Colgate. The Raiders are 3-1 this season.
- The Crusaders have scored 10.75 goals per game which are tied for second in the Patriot League. Holy Cross is 21st nationally in goals per game.
- Sophomore Clay Haarmann (Mendham, N.J.) leads the team with 13 goals and 14 points. Haarmann's seven goals versus Harvard are tied for fourth all-time for a game in program history. He has three hat-tricks so far this season and four for his career. His 3.25 goals per game are second in the Patriot League and eighth nationally.
- Senior captain James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) has been named to the Tewaaraton Award watch list for the second straight season. Kennedy has recorded 68 goals throughout his career and 46 career assists for 114 career points. So far this season, Kennedy has recorded four goals and seven assists for 11 points. His 1.75 assists per game are ranked fourth in the Patriot League and 24th nationally. Last season he tallied 23 goals and 19 assists for 42 points.
- The Holy Cross allotment of tickets for the 2013 Metropolitan Lacrosse Classic are on sale. Fans can order tickets in the Field Sideline area for $35.00 each by calling the Holy Cross Ticket Office at (508) 793-2573. The Metropolitan Lacrosse Classic will take place on Sunday, March 17, at Citi Field, the home of the New York Mets. Holy Cross will take on Navy in the first contest at noon, while Michigan will face Colgate in the second game at 3:00 p.m.