March 19, 2013
Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Crusaders To Host #16 Lehigh On March 23
Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 4-3 (1-1 Patriot League) Last Week: 1-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 7, Navy 5, Flushing, N.Y., 3/17
Schedule: Saturday, March 23, vs. #16 Lehigh, Worcester, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team will return to action on Saturday, March 23, when it hosts No. 16 Lehigh at 3:00 p.m. To watch the game go here: http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/holycross.portal#. The contest at Vermont that was scheduled for Tuesday, March 19 has been postponed until Tuesday, March 26 at 3:00 p.m.
- Lehigh, which plays UMass on March 20, is 5-3 overall and 1-0 in the Patriot League. Last season, the Crusaders fell to the Mountain Hawks, 12-3. The Crusaders are 0-22 all-time versus Lehigh.
- The win over Navy was the Crusaders' first ever victory versus the Midshipmen. Navy had won the previous nine meetings versus the Crusaders.
- Sophomore Terry McKenna (Summit, N.J.) scored a career-best four goals and posted an assist for a career-best five points versus Navy. He also tallied his first career hat-trick. McKenna has 10 goals and two assists for 12 points so far this season.
- Sophomore Clay Haarmann (Mendham, N.J.) leads the team with 16 goals and 19 points. As a freshman, he tallied 11 goals and five assists for 16 points. Haarmann's seven goals versus Harvard are tied for fourth all-time for a game in program history. He has three hat-tricks so far this season and four for his career. His 2.29 goals per game are sixth in the Patriot League.
- Senior captain James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) has been named to the Tewaaraton Award watch list for the second straight season. Kennedy has recorded 70 goals throughout his career and 48 career assists for 118 career points. He has the most career assists and points of any current Crusader. So far this season, Kennedy has recorded six goals and a team-best nine assists for 15 points. His 1.29 assists per game are tied for seventh in the Patriot League. Last season he tallied 23 goals and 19 assists for 42 points.
- Senior Matt Ward (Massapequa, N.Y.) was named the Patriot League Defensive Player of the Week. Ward posted a team-best six caused turnovers and had five ground balls in the win versus Navy. Ward has played in all seven games this season and currently leads the team with 24 ground balls and 14 caused turnovers. For his career he has 117 ground balls and 54 caused turnovers.
- Freshman goalie Michael Ortlieb (Newport Beach, Calif.) was named the Patriot League Rookie of the Week. Ortlieb made 12 saves and allowed five goals for a .706 save percentage to earn his second win in the victory over Navy. He also posted four ground balls in the game. Ortlieb made his first collegiate start in the March 5 game versus Rutgers, earning his first victory. This season he has played in four games with three starts.