Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 4-4 (1-2 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: #16 Lehigh 8, Holy Cross 5, Worcester, Mass., 3/23
Schedule: Tuesday, March 26, at Vermont, Burlington, Vt., 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 30, at #7 Bucknell, Lewisburg, Pa., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team will return to action on Tuesday, March 26, when they travel to Burlington, Vt., to take on Vermont at 3:00 p.m. Go here to watch the game: http://www.nsnsports.net/uvm. The Crusaders will then travel to Lewisburg, Pa., to take on Patriot League opponent No. 7 Bucknell on Saturday, March 30, at 1:00 p.m. Go here to watch the game: http://www.bucknellbison.com/allaccess/.
- Vermont is 3-5 so far this season. Last season the Crusaders defeated the Catamounts by a 9-8 score. Bucknell, which plays No. 16 Penn State on March 26, is 8-1 this season and 2-0 in the Patriot League. Last season, Holy Cross lost to Bucknell by a 10-9 score as the Bison broke a 9-9 tie with 22 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter. The Crusaders are 0-22 all-time versus the Bison.
- Sophomore Clay Haarmann (Mendham, N.J.) leads the team with 17 goals and 20 points. As a freshman, he tallied 11 goals and five assists for 16 points. He has three hat-tricks so far this season and four for his career. His 2.12 goals per game are eighth in the Patriot League.
- Senior captain James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) has been named to the Tewaaraton Award watch list for the second straight season. Kennedy has recorded 72 goals throughout his career and 49 career assists for 121 career points. He has the most career assists and points of any current Crusader. So far this season, Kennedy has recorded eight goals and a team-best 10 assists for 18 points. His 1.25 assists per game are tied for fourth in the Patriot League. Last season he tallied 23 goals and 19 assists for 42 points.
- Senior Matt Ward (Massapequa, N.Y.) leads the team with 27 ground balls and 15 caused turnovers. For his career he has 120 ground balls and 55 caused turnovers.