Crusaders To Play Army On Senior Day On April 20
Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 6-7 (2-3 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: Bryant 10, Holy Cross 6, Smithfield, R.I., 4/9
Providence 12, Holy Cross 11, Worcester, Mass., 4/13
Schedule: Saturday, April 20 vs. Army, Worcester, Mass., 6:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders return to action on Saturday, April 20, for a home at Holy Cross Field versus Patriot League opponent Army at 6:00 p.m. on Senior Night. Go here to watch the game: http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/holycross.portal#. Army is 7-4 overall and 3-2 in the Patriot League. Last year, the Black Knights defeated the Crusaders by a 15-6 score. The Crusaders are 0-22 all-time versus Army.
- The Crusaders are looking to qualify for the Patriot League Tournament for the first time in program history. If Colgate defeats Bucknell then the winner of the Holy Cross versus Army game will qualify for the tournament. If Colgate loses then the Crusaders need to defeat Army by eight goals or more to qualify.
- Senior captain James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) has recorded 20 goals and a team-best 16 assists for a team-leading 36 points. His 1.23 assists per game are tied for fifth in the Patriot League and his three game-winning goals are second. Kennedy has recorded 84 goals throughout his career and 55 career assists for 139 career points. His 139 points are ranked ninth all-time in program history, while his 84 goals are 10th all-time.
- Sophomore Clay Haarmann (Mendham, N.J.) leads the team with 24 goals, while he is second on the team with 31 points. As a freshman, he tallied 11 goals and five assists for 16 points. His 1.85 goals per game are 10th in the Patriot League.
- Senior Matt Ward (Massapequa, N.Y.) leads the team with 25 caused turnovers, while he is second with 38 ground balls. His 1.92 caused turnovers per game are ranked 18th in the nation. For his career he has 131 ground balls and 65 caused turnovers. His 131 career ground balls are seventh all-time on the program's career list.
- Freshman Michael Ortlieb (Newport Beach, Calif.) has 102 saves. His 11.33 saves per game are second in the Patriot League.