May 30, 2013
Holy Cross Men's Rowing
Men's Rowing Ready For IRA National Championship
Holy Cross Men's Rowing
Schedule: Friday-Sunday, May 31-June 2, IRA National Championship, Gold River, Calif.
- The Holy Cross men's rowing team will compete at the 111th Intercollegiate Rowing Association (IRA) National Championship on Lake Natoma in Gold River, Calif., on May 31-June 2. The Crusaders will race in the varsity eight, second varsity eight and the open four competitions.
- You can watch the IRAs on video by going to http://d3cast.com/rowing/. Also for complete coverage of the regatta on row2k.com go to http://www.row2k.com/ira/index.cfm. You can also follow the team on twitter by going to https://twitter.com/HCMRowing and follow the results by going to ira.qra.org.
- The Crusaders will race in the fourth opening heat of the varsity eight competition at 11:45 a.m. (Eastern Time) on Friday versus No. 12 Wisconsin, No. 4 Stanford, No. 5 Northeastern, No. 13 Pennsylvania and George Washington. The second varsity eight will race at 12:15 p.m. against UC-San Diego, Yale, Brown and Wisconsin, while the open four will take on Brown, Gonzaga, Harvard and Oregon State at 2:45 p.m. The first and second place boats for the varsity and second varsity heats will qualify for the semifinals on Saturday, while the remaining boats will go to the repachages on Friday afternoon. In the open four competition the top three boats will qualify for the semifinals with the remaining going to the repachages. For the schedule go to http://www.row2k.com/ira/2013/2013IRALaneSched0531.pdf.
- The Holy Cross men's varsity eight is ranked No. 20 in the latest USRowing men's varsity eight poll. The Crusaders received 16 points. This is the first time the varsity eight has been ranked in this poll since May 24, 2006, when it was No. 19. The Crusaders were also No. 16 on May 18, 2005.
- Last year, the varsity four placed first in the petite final at the 110th IRAs on the Cooper River in Camden, N.J., earning a seventh overall place finish out of 13 teams in the varsity four competition. The members of the varsity four were coxswain Eddie Ryan (Pasadena, Calif.), Peter Prominski (Arlington, Va.), Anthony Curro (North Andover, Mass.), Jordan Traub (Eastham, Mass.) and Pat Rapuano (Penn Valley, Pa.).
Here are the lineups: