Men's Rowing To Race At Eastern Sprints
• The Holy Cross men's rowing team will return to action on Sunday, May 18 when it will race in the Eastern Sprints on Lake Quinsigamond in Worcester, Mass.
• Last weekend, the Crusaders came out on top, sweeping Bucknell in all three races. The first, second and fourth varsity eights each took first in their races. The third varsity eight finished in second to the second varsity eight. The fifth varsity eight finished third in its race against the fourth varsity eight and the Bucknell freshman eight.
• Holy Cross will then row in the IRA National Championship on May 30 to June 1 on Mercer Lake in West Windsor, N.J.
• The varsity eight this season has rowed against four ranked boats. At the George Washington Invitational, it defeated No. 20 UC San Diego and fell to No. 8 Navy, No. 15 George Washington and No. 20 Hobart.
• Last year, the Crusaders tied for 15th at the Eastern Sprints, which led to the No. 20 ranking of the varsity eight.
• The varsity eight tied for the second most votes in the USRowing Collegiate Poll for the week of April 30 among unranked teams.
• Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross rowing teams sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.