Holy Cross Men's Rowing
Scoreboard: 21st of 24 at IRA National Championship, West Windsor, N.J., 5/30-6/1
Schedule: Season has concluded.
- The Holy Cross men's rowing team concluded its season at the 112th Intercollegiate Rowing Association (IRA) National Championship on Mercer Lake in West Windsor, N.J., on May 30-June 1. The team placed 21st out of 24 teams with 15 points. Washington won the championship with 192 points.
- The Crusaders placed 10th in the Chapman Award standings out of 20 teams for "most improved" team in overall standings from last year. Last year the Crusaders tallied six points for a nine-point improvement from last year.
- The Crusaders placed 21st in the overall varsity eight competition out of 24 boats at the IRAs, while they were 24th in the overall second varsity eight competition out of 24 boats. The Crusaders placed 14th in the overall third varsity eight competition out of 18 boats.
- This season, the varsity eight placed first, while the novice eight was also first at the Snake Regatta on Lake Quinsigamond on Oct. 12. The Crusaders placed second in the club four race out of 49 boats at the Head of the Charles on Oct. 19. The varsity eight won the Healy Cup for the first time by defeating Georgetown on April 19.
- To make a gift to support the Holy Cross rowing team through the Crusader Athletics Fund please go here.