Holy Cross Men's Soccer
Overall: 2-5-0 (1-0-0 PL); Last Week: 1-1-0
Scoreboard: Boston University 4, Holy Cross 0, Boston, Mass., 9/18
Holy Cross 1, Army 0, Worcester, Mass., 9/22
Schedule: Tuesday, Sept. 25 at Northeastern, Brookline, Mass., 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 29 at Lafayette, Easton, Pa., 3:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's soccer team returns to action when it travels to Brookline, Mass., to take on Northeastern on Tuesday, Sept. 25, at 6:00 p.m. at Parsons Field. The Crusaders will then play at Patriot League opponent Lafayette at Oaks Stadium at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 29. Last season, the Crusaders defeated the Huskies by a 2-1 score in double-overtime on Sept. 27. Holy Cross has won seven straight games versus Northeastern. Last season, Lafayette defeated the Crusaders, 2-0 on Oct. 1. The Crusaders are 0-3-2 versus the Leopards over the last five contests.
- Northeastern is 4-1-1 so far this season with wins versus Providence, Marist, Harvard and Fairfield. The Huskies lost to Michigan and tied William & Mary. Lafayette has a 2-5-1 record with wins versus Penn and Mount St. Mary's. The Leopards have lost to Fairleigh Dickinson, Quinnipiac, Cornell, Drexel and Navy, while they tied La Salle.
- Junior Josh Cintas (San Diego, Calif.) leads the team this season with three goals and seven points, while he also has one assist. His 0.43 goals per game are tied for second in the Patriot League, while his 1.00 points per game are fifth in the league. For his career he has four goals and six assists for 14 points.
- Junior captain Monty Sanders (Temecula, Calif.) and junior Kevin O'Connell (Basking Ridge, N.J.) are tied for the team-lead with two assists. They are both tied for sixth in the league in assists. For his career, Sanders has five goals and two assists for 12 points as he also has one goal this season, while O'Connell has four goals and four assists for 12 points.
- Freshman Eddie Viscount (Smithtown, N.Y.) scored his first collegiate goal with the game-winner versus Army and was named the AT&T Crusader of the Week. Freshman Kevin Wright (McKinney, Texas) made his first collegiate start as he posted his first collegiate shutout and win versus Army.