Holy Cross Men's Soccer
Overall: 3-8-2 (1-2-2 PL); Last Week: 1-1-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 1, New Hampshire 0, Worcester, Mass., 10/16
Lehigh 1, Holy Cross 0, Bethlehem, Pa., 10/20
Schedule: Wednesday, Oct. 24 vs. Bryant, Worcester, Mass., 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 27 vs. Navy, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's soccer team returns to action on Wednesday, Oct. 24, when it hosts Bryant at 7:30 p.m. at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium. This game was rescheduled to Oct. 24 after the originally scheduled game on Sept. 8 was postponed after the first half due to lightning. The Crusaders were leading 1-0 with a goal by junior Kevin O'Connell (Basking Ridge, N.J.), but a game needs to be played for 70:00 to be official so the game on Oct. 24 will start at the beginning. The Bulldogs are 5-7-1 overall this season and 3-5 in the Northeast Conference. Bryant won the only meeting between the two teams since the Bulldogs moved to Division I with a 1-0 victory on Sept. 8, 2009.
- On Saturday, Oct. 27, the Crusaders will host Patriot League opponent Navy at 7:00 p.m. for Senior Night. Senior captain Pat McCann (Rockville Centre, N.Y.), Evan Polanik (Holliston, Mass.), Shane Regan (Quincy, Mass.) and Steven Stefanak (Massapequa, N.Y.) will be honored before the game. Also at halftime the Luke Dunivant Award will be presented. The Midshipmen, who play Longwood on Oct. 23, are 5-5-3 overall this season and 1-2-2 in the Patriot League. The Crusaders are tied with the Mids and Bucknell for fifth place in the league standings with five points. American (11 points) is first, followed by Colgate (nine points), Lafayette (eight points) and Lehigh (six points). Army (four points) is eighth. The top four teams qualify for the Patriot League Tournament. The Crusaders are 3-2-0 versus the Mids over the last five contests, but Navy has won the last two.
- Junior Josh Cintas (San Diego, Calif.) leads the team this season with five goals and 11 points, while he also has one assist. His 0.38 goals per game are tied for fourth in the Patriot League, while his 0.85 points per game are eighth in the league. For his career he has six goals and six assists for 18 points.
- Junior Tommy Uttaro (Staten Island, N.Y.) and O'Connell are tied for the team-lead with three assists. Their 0.25 assists per game are tied for sixth in the Patriot League. Uttaro, who scored the game-winner versus New Hampshire, also has two goals for seven points. The game-winner was the second of his career. He has five goals and five assists for 15 career points. The three assists are a career-best for O'Connell. He has four goals and five assists for 13 career points.
- Freshman goalie Kevin Wright (McKinney, Texas) is tied for third in the Patriot League with a .739 save percentage, while his 4.25 saves per game are third. Wright, who posted his second shutout of the season last week versus New Hampshire, is third in the league with 0.25 shutouts per contest.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's soccer team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here.