Holy Cross Men's Soccer
Overall: 0-0 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 0-0
Schedule: Friday, Aug. 30 at Hartford, West Hartford, Conn., 7:00 p.m., Live Stats, Video
Sunday, Sept. 1 vs. Providence, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m., Live Stats
- The Holy Cross men's soccer team will kick off the 2013 season on Friday, Aug. 30 when the Crusaders travel to West Hartford, Conn., to take on Hartford at 7:00 p.m. at Al-Marzook Field at Alumni Stadium. Holy Cross will then host Providence on Sunday, Sept. 1 at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium at 7:00 p.m.
- Last season, the Crusaders went 5-10-2 overall and 2-3-2 in the Patriot League. Hartford went 7-9-1 overall last year with a 1-5-1 record in America East, while Providence went 4-10-2 overall and 2-6-0 in the Big East. This will be first meeting between the Crusaders and the Hawks since a 1-1 tie at Hartford on Oct. 23, 2006, while Holy Cross lost to the Friars last year in Providence by a 2-1 score on Sept. 12.
- This year the Crusaders will be led by senior captains Monty Sanders (Temecula, Calif.) and Dane Kenny (Williston Park, N.Y.). Holy Cross returns 17 letterwinners and nine starters, while 11 freshmen have joined the team.
- Holy Cross is scheduled to play a total of 17 games during the regular season, including eight at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium. Last year the Crusaders went 5-1-1 (.786) at home which was their best home record since the 2002 season when they went 7-1-1 (.833).
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's soccer team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.