HC To Play Northeastern & Loyola (Md.)
Holy Cross Men'S Soccer
Overall: 2-3-1 (0-0-0 PL); Last Week: 2-0-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 2, Sacred Heart 1, Worcester, Mass., 9/18
Holy Cross 4, Bryant 1, Smithfield, R.I., 9/21
Schedule: Tuesday, Sept. 24 vs. Northeastern, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 28 at Loyola (Md.), Baltimore, Md., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's soccer team (2-3-1) will return to action on Tuesday, Sept. 24, when it hosts Northeastern at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium at 7:00 p.m. The game will be streamed live on Crusader Vision. Go here to watch the game free of charge. Then on Saturday Sept. 28, Holy Cross will travel to Baltimore, Md., to open the Patriot League season versus Loyola (Md.) at 1:00 p.m.
- Northeastern is 2-3-2 overall this season. Last year the Huskies defeated the Crusaders by a 5-2 score on Sept. 25. Holy Cross defeated Northeastern, 2-1 in double-overtime on Sept. 27, 2011. Loyola (Md.) is 5-1-1 overall so far this season. This will be the Greyhounds' first ever Patriot League contest.
- Freshman Joey DeVivo (Ridgefield, Conn.) was named the Patriot League Rookie of the Week, as he scored three goals versus Bryant. He is the first Crusader to be named Rookie of the Week since Shane Regan won the honor on Oct. 5, 2009. With the game tied at 1-1 in the second half, DeVivo scored three straight goals. DeVivo's hat-trick was the first by a Crusader since Kyle Miller scored three goals on Oct. 18, 2008 in a 4-0 win versus Navy. DeVivo also netted his first career game-winner. He leads the team with four goals and eight points this season. His 1.33 points per game are third in the Patriot League and 62nd nationally, while his 0.67 goals per game are also third in the Patriot League and 31st nationally.
- Senior captain Monty Sanders (Temecula, Calif.) leads the team with two assists and is second with four points. His 0.33 assists per game are sixth in the Patriot League.
- Sophomore goalie Kevin Wright (McKinney, Texas) is tied for first in the Patriot League and 33rd in the nation with an average of 4.80 saves per game.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's soccer team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.