HC Hits The Road To Play Colgate On Oct. 19
Holy Cross Men's Soccer
Overall: 5-5-1 (3-1-0 PL); Last Week: 2-0-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 1, Boston University 0, Boston, Mass., 10/9
Holy Cross 1, Lafayette 0, Worcester, Mass., 10/12
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 19 at Colgate, Hamilton, N.Y., 7:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's soccer team (5-5-1, 3-1-0 Patriot League) will return to action on Saturday, Oct. 19, when it will travel to Hamilton, N.Y., to take on Patriot League opponent Colgate. The Raiders, who play Cornell on Oct. 15, are 2-9-1 overall and 1-2-1 in the conference. Last year, the Crusaders tied the Raiders, 1-1. Holy Cross is 1-3-1 in the last five matches versus Colgate and 5-13-5 all-time.
- The Crusaders' 5-5-1 overall record is their best after the first 11 games of a season since the 2008 season when they were 6-2-3, while their 3-1-0 Patriot League record is their best after the first four conference games of a season since the 2008 season when they were 3-0-1.
- Senior captain Monty Sanders (Temecula, Calif.) was named the Patriot League Brine Offensive Player of the Week on Oct. 14 for the first time in his career. Sanders contributed on both Crusader goals last week. He assisted on the game-winning goal in the 88th minute versus Boston University and then he scored the game-winner in the 78th minute versus Lafayette. He now has two goals this season as both of them have been game-winners giving him three for his career. He leads the team this season with a career-best four assists, while he is tied for first with eight points. Sanders' four assists are tied for second in the Patriot League, while his eight points are tied for seventh in the conference. For his career Sanders has nine goals and six assists for 24 points.
- Sophomore goalie Kevin Wright (McKinney, Texas) was selected as the Patriot League Brine Goalie of the Week on Oct. 14. Wright posted his first two shutouts of the season on the week as he now has five for his career. He tallied seven saves versus Boston University and five versus Lafayette. Wright is 5-4-1 on the season with 47 saves and a 1.13 goals against average. Wright's 4.70 saves per game are tied for second in the Patriot league and 39th nationally. His .810 save percentage is sixth in the league and also 39th nationally.
- Freshman Joey DeVivo (Ridgefield, Conn.) leads the team with four goals and is tied for first with eight points. His four goals are tied for fifth in the Patriot League, while his eight points are tied for seventh. Senior Tommy Uttaro (Staten Island, N.Y.) is tied for ninth in the conference with three goals.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's soccer team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.