Overall: 6-5-1 (4-1-0 PL); Last Week: 1-0-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 3, Colgate 2 (OT), Hamilton, N.Y., 10/19
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 26 vs. Navy, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's soccer team (6-5-1, 4-1-0 Patriot League) will return to action on Saturday, Oct. 26, against Patriot League opponent Navy at the Linda Smith Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium at 7:00 p.m. The Midshipmen, who play NJIT on Oct. 22, are 8-3-2 overall and 5-0-0 in the conference. Last year, the Crusaders defeated the Midshipmen, 2-1. Holy Cross is 5-2-0 in the last seven matches versus Navy and 14-8-2 all-time. This game is also Senior Night as the Crusaders' six seniors will be honored before the game. Also at halftime the Luke Dunivant Award will be presented. The award was established in memory of former Holy Cross men's soccer player Luke Dunivant, Class of 1997, who passed away in 2008 after a courageous battle with leukemia. The award is presented annually to a member of the men's soccer team who, like Luke, has inspired others by displaying outstanding courage, commitment to the team and sportsmanship during his career.
- With the 3-2 win over Colgate, the Crusaders have now won three in a row for the first time since 2009 and have won six of the last eight games to bring their record to 6-5-1 overall (4-1-0 PL). The win marked the team's most wins since the 2009 season, when the team went 6-10-0 overall. It also is the most PL wins since the 2009 team went 4-3-0, and the most road wins in the PL since the team went 3-0-0 on the road in 1999.
- Senior captain Monty Sanders (Temecula, Calif.) scored his third goal of the season in the win over Colgate good for ninth best in the Patriot League. He has also collected four assists on the season ranking him third in the Patriot League and bringing his point total to 10 which ranks fifth in the Patriot League.
- Sophomore goalie Kevin Wright (McKinney, Texas) collected eight saves in the win and improved his record to 6-4-1 on the season. Wright's 5.00 saves per game are good for second in the Patriot league and 23rd nationally. His .809 save percentage is sixth in the league and 42nd nationally.
- Freshman Joey DeVivo (Ridgefield, Conn.) scored the Crusaders' game tying goal with only 11 seconds remaining to send the game to overtime. He now has a team-leading five goals this season. His five goals and 10 points are the most by a Crusader freshman since Kyle Miller tallied seven goals and 16 points as a freshman in 2007. His five goals and 10 points also rank fourth and fifth respectively in the Patriot League.
- Senior Tommy Uttaro (Staten Island, N.Y.) is tied for ninth in the conference with three goals and eight points.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's soccer team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.