HC Set To Play Harvard & Lehigh
Overall: 7-7-1 (5-3-0 PL); Last Week: 1-1-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 2, Army 1, Worcester, Mass., 10/30
Bucknell 3, Holy Cross 1, Lewisburg, Pa., 11/2
Schedule: Wednesday, Nov. 6 vs. Harvard, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 9 at Lehigh, Bethlehem, Pa., 7:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's soccer team (7-7-1, 5-3-0 Patriot League) will return to action on Wednesday, Nov. 6, against non-conference opponent Harvard at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium at 7:00 p.m. The Crimson are 5-7-2 overall and 4-1-0 in the Ivy League. The Crusaders' only win versus Harvard was a 2-1 victory on Nov. 1, 2005 as Holy Cross is 1-11-2 all-time versus the Crimson. The Crusaders will then conclude the regular season on Saturday, Nov. 9 at Patriot League opponent Lehigh at 7:00 p.m. The Mountain Hawks are 2-13-1 overall and 1-7-0 in the Patriot League. The Crusaders' last victory versus Lehigh was a 2-1 win on Oct. 13, 2007 as Holy Cross is 0-4-1 versus the Mountain Hawks during the last five games.
- The Crusaders have qualified for the Patriot League Tournament for the first time since 2008. Their seven overall wins are their most since going 9-5-5 in 2008 and their five Patriot League victories are their most since posting a 5-2-0 record in 2002. The Crusaders will be either the No. 3 or No. 4 seed in the six-team tournament and will host a quarterfinal game on Tuesday, Nov. 12 at 7:00 p.m.
- Senior captain Monty Sanders (Temecula, Calif.), who scored his team-best third game-winner of the season versus Army, leads the team with a career-best four assists and 12 points. His career-best four goals are second on the team. Sanders is tied for fourth in the Patriot League in points, fifth in assists and eighth in goals.
- Sophomore goalie Kevin Wright (McKinney, Texas) has a 7-6-1 record on the season. Wright's 4.86 saves per game are good for first in the Patriot League and 33rd nationally.
- Junior Will Bowers (Raleigh, N.C.) scored his first collegiate goal in the win versus Army. His goal gave the Crusaders a 1-0 lead.
- Freshman Matt Villano (Basking Ridge, N.J.) netted his first collegiate goal in the game at Bucknell. He has played in 10 contests.
- Freshman Joey DeVivo (Ridgefield, Conn.) leads the team with five goals this season. His five goals and 10 points are the most by a Crusader freshman since Kyle Miller tallied seven goals and 16 points as a freshman in 2007. His five goals and 10 points are tied for fifth and seventh respectively in the Patriot League.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's soccer team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.