Scoreboard: 5th of 6, New England Catholic Invitational, Chestnut Hill, Mass., 10/11-10/12
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 26 vs. Springfield, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's swimming and diving team will return to action on Saturday, Oct. 26, at home against Springfield. This will be the first of two meets the Crusaders will host at the Hart Center. Saturday's contest is scheduled to begin at 1:00 p.m.
- Last season, Holy Cross fell at Springfield by a close tally of 156-142. Graduate Brian Power posted three individual first place finishes at the meet. Senior Jan Yburan (Livingston, N.J.) and sophomore Tyler Wright (Waterboro, Maine) will lead this year's team against the Pride, each having posted two fist place finishes last season. Yburan won the 100 and 200 backstrokes while Wright won the 100 and 200 butterflies.
- The Crusaders are coming off a 5th place finish at the New England Catholic Invitational at Boston College. Freshman Andrew Higgins (New Canaan, Conn.) led the team with a first place finish in the 200 breaststroke. He added two more top-10 finishes at the event in the 100 breaststroke and 400 individual medley.
- The Crusaders will compete in seven more meets this season including the Patriot League Championship on Feb. 19-22, hosted by Navy in Annapolis, Md. The team will also host Providence in its second and final home meet of the season at the Hart Center on Jan. 25.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's swimming and diving team send directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.