Scoreboard: 10th of 10, Patriot League Championship, Annapolis, Md., 2/19-2/22
Schedule: Season is complete.
- The Holy Cross men's swimming and diving wrapped up the 2014 season last week at the Patriot League Championship where the team came home with seven new school records. The team was led by sophomores David Mullany (Monroe, Conn.) and Tyler Wright (Waterboro, Maine) who each set individual school records.
- Mullany competed in the 1,650-yard freestyle and touched the wall in a new school record time of 16:31.08. In the process, the second-year swimmer also set a new pace in the 1,000-yard freestyle at 9:54.52. Mullany was named GoHolyCross.com Crusader of the Week for his performance.
- Wright broke the record in the 100-yard butterfly, finishing at 51.80. The previous record was set in 2003 by Mike Emmons.
- Four school records were set in the relays including the 200 and 400-yard medley and 200 and 400-yard freestyle. The 200 medley team was comprised of junior Thomas Horigan (West Hartford, Conn.), junior Jack Swain (West Hartford, Conn.), Wright and senior Jan Yburan (Livingston, N.J.) and finished with a time of 1:35.72 while the 400 medley team of Yburan, freshman Andrew Higgins (New Canaan, Conn.), Wright and Mullany finished at 3:30.34. The 200 free team of Yburan, Horigan, senior Patrick Gibbons (Reston, Va.) and Wright finished at 1:26.99 and the 400 free team of Wright, Mullany, freshman Alexander Young (Natick, Mass.) and Yburan finished with a time of 3:11.54.
- Senior diver Nick Videtti (Livingston, N.J.) led the Crusaders in the diving events at the Patriot League Championship, finishing 16th in both the one and three-meter dives.
- The 2013-2014 men's swimming and diving season is now complete.