Men's Tennis Drops 6-1 Decision To Merrimack
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men's tennis team could not keep up its winning ways against Merrimack, falling 6-1 at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts. With the result, the Crusaders drop their fall season record to 2-1 while the Warriors move to 2-0.
Merrimack won five singles matches and lost the No. 6 match due to default. The Warriors also won the No. 1 and No. 2 doubles matches while the No. 3 match was not played due to player injury.
Holy Cross will continue dual match action against Wesleyan on Saturday, Oct. 1. The contest is scheduled to begin at 1:00 p.m. on the John Wood Memorial Tennis Courts in Middletown, Conn.
Singles (Merrimack lineup currently unavailable):
1. (MC) def. Ryan Sullivan (HC), 6-0, 6-1
2. (MC) def. Nick Berrettini (HC), 6-4, 6-4
3. (MC) def. Chris Das (HC), 6-5, 6-1
4. (MC) def. Tim Regan (HC), 6-3, 6-4
5. (MC) def. Chris Brosnan (HC), 6-3, 6-0
6. Connor McCann (HC) def. (MC), default
1. (MC) def. Sullivan/Berrettini (HC)
3. Not played