MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Holy Cross men's tennis team dropped a 8-1 decision to Division III Wesleyan as freshman Nick Berrettini (Haverford, Pa.) was able to tally the only Crusaders' point at the John Wood Memorial Tennis Courts. With the result, the Crusaders drop their fall season record to 2-2 while the Cardinals move to 3-1.
Wesleyan won three of its points in doubles play, sweeping all three matches. The duo of sophomore Ryan Sullivan (Medfield, Mass.) and Berrettini put up a battle, but lost at No. 1 doubles 8-5. The Cardinals then took the No. 1 and No. 3 singles matches before Berrettini won in straight sets, 6-3, 6-2 in the No. 2 spot. Wesleyan finished the match with the three final wins in the No. 4, 5 and 6 spots.
With the end result, Holy Cross has finished the fall portion of its schedule. The Crusaders will return to action in the spring.
1. Jeff Legunn (WE) def. Ryan Sullivan (HC), 6-0, 6-2
2. Nick Berrettini (HC) def. Stephen Monk (WE), 6-3, 6-2
3. Ben Hudson (WE) def. Chris Das (HC), 6-1, 6-0
4. Donovan Suh (WE) def. Tim Regan (HC), 6-5, 6-2
5. Alex Hirsch (WE) def. Connor McCann (HC), 6-0, 6-1
6. Charlie Seifer (WE) def. Chris Brosnan (HC), 6-3, 6-4
1. Legunn/Kleckner (WE) def. Sullivan/Berrettini (HC), 8-5
2. Monk/Hudson (WE) def. Das/McCann (HC), 8-0