Men's Tennis Records 6-1 Loss To Lafayette In Patriot League Opener
WEST POINT, N.Y. – Sophomore Chris Brosnan (Garden City, N.Y.) picked up his first win at No. 5 singles this season as the Holy Cross men's tennis team dropped a 6-1 decision to Lafayette in its first Patriot League match of the season at the Lichtenberg Tennis Center. With the final tally, the Crusaders drop to a record of 2-4 (0-1 PL) on the overall season while the Leopards pick up a record of 4-2 (1-0 PL).
Lafayette took the doubles point, sweeping all three matches. Brosnan highlighted the Crusaders' single play, taking his No. 5 match to three sets, winning out 7-5, 2-6, 10-5. Freshman Nick Berrettini (Haverford, Pa.) also battled in the No. 1 singles match, winning the second set but fell 4-6, 6-4, 8-10. The Leopards also won out in the No. 2, 3 4 and 6 matches to complete the victory.
Holy Cross continues conference action against host Army at 4:00 p.m. this afternoon. All matches will be held at the Lichtenberg Tennis Center on the campus of West Point.
- Doug Gallagher (LC) d. Nick Berrettini (HC) 6-4, 4-6, 10-8
- Brandon Goldstein (LC) d. Ryan Sullivan (HC) 6-2, 7-5
- Will Mercorella (LC) d. Chris Das (HC) 6-1, 6-1
- Scott Gelbman (LC) d. Tim Regan (HC) 6-0, 6-0
- Chris Brosnan (HC) d. James Oliver (LC) 7-5, 2-6, 10-5
- Andrew Morris (LC) d. Connor McCann (HC) 6-1, 6-1
- Gallagher/Morris (LC) d. Berrettini/Sullivan (HC) 8-4
- Goldstein/Oliver (LC) d. Scott Brownell/Ajeya Shekar (HC) 8-3
- Alex Charchalis/Matthew Scheps (LC) d. Das/Regan (HC) 8-3