Men's Tennis Falls At Boston University, 7-0
BOSTON, Mass. – The Holy Cross men's tennis team were swept by in-state opponent Boston University, 7-0, at the TTC Infield. With the result, the Crusaders move to 3-8 overall on the season while the Terriers go to 5-12. Freshman Nick Berrettini (Haverford, Pa.) had the Crusaders' best effort on the day, taking his No. 1 singles match to three sets.
The Terriers earned the singles point as the No. 3 duo of senior Tim Regan (Rockville Centre, N.Y.) and sophomore Chris Brosnan (Garden City, N.Y.) posted the top number of games but fell, 8-3. Boston University followed with wins in all six singles matches, five in straight sets. Brosnan won a total of three games in the No. 5 singles match, but fell 6-1, 6-2. Berrettini won the second set in his match, 2-6, after losing the first set 6-1. He lost the tiebreaker, 10-0. Regan finished the team's best efforts on the day, tallying three games in the first set of the No. 4 singles match, but fell, 6-3, 6-0.
Holy Cross competes in the 2012 Patriot League Championship next, held from April 27-29. Navy hosts this year's tournament, as all matches will be played at Ingram Field in Annapolis, Md. Seedings and time of each match will be announced at a later time.
1. Josh Friedman (BU) def. Nick Berrettini (HC), 6-1, 2-6, 10-0
2. Jesse Frierder (BU) def. Ryan Sullivan (HC), 6-0, 6-0
3. Michael Kopelman(BU) def. Chris Das (HC), 6-1, 6-0
4. Regis Chang (BU) def. Tim Regan (HC), 6-3, 6-0
5. Alex Green (BU) def. Chris Brosnan (HC), 6-1, 6-2
6. Emilio Teran (BU) def. Connor McCann (HC), 6-0, 6-0