Men’s Tennis Falls To Army, 7-0
WEST POINT, N.Y. – The Holy Cross men's tennis team was defeated by Army, 7-0, at the Lichtenberg Tennis Center on Friday evening. With the loss, the Crusaders slip to 0-4 on the season and 0-1 in the Patriot League. The Black Knights improve to 11-5 overall and 2-0 in the conference.
The closest match for Holy Cross came at No. 3 singles as junior Connor McCann (Centreville, Mass.) was defeated by Benjamin Davies 7-5, 6-1. Holy Cross No. 1 singles player, sophomore Nick Berrettini (Haverford, Pa.), lost to Caison Best 6-1, 6-2, while junior co-captain Ryan Sullivan (Medfield, Mass.) fell in his No. 2 singles match to Henry Jang-Milsten 6-0, 6-3.
All three Crusaders doubles teams lost their matches with the closest margin at No. 2 doubles, as Berrettini and freshman Rich DeGregoris (Rockville, Centre, N.Y.) were defeated by Jang-Milsten and David Proctor, 8-4.
Holy Cross will return to action on Saturday, March 23, when it will play a pair of matches versus Lafayette (12:00 p.m.) and Lehigh (8:00 p.m.) at the Lichtenberg Tennis Center.
ARMY 7, HOLY CROSS 0
1. Caison Best (A) def. Nick Berrettini (HC) 6-1, 6-2
2. Henry Jang-Milsten (A) def. Ryan Sullivan (HC) 6-0, 6-3
3. Benjamin Davies (A) def. Connor McCann (HC) 7-5, 6-1
4. Austin McCasin (A) def. Chris Brosnan (HC) 6-1, 6-3
5. Roman Cacha (A) def. Scot Brownell (HC) 6-1, 6-1
6. Daniel Shutov (A) def. Rich DeGregoris (HC) 6-2, 6-2
1. Peter Sienko/ Henry Jang-Milsten (A) def. Ryan Sullivan/Connor McCann (HC) 8-2
2. David Proctor/Sam Jang-Milsten (A) def. Rich DeGregoris/Nick Berrettini (HC) 8-4
3. Benjamin Davies/Joseph Hatala (A) def. Scot Brownell/Chris Brosnan (HC) 8-3