Men’s Tennis Defeated By Lehigh, 7-0
WEST POINT, N.Y. – The Holy Cross men's tennis team concluded its Patriot League regular season schedule with a 7-0 loss to Lehigh at the Lichtenberg Tennis Center on Saturday evening. With the loss, the Crusaders fall to 0-6 on the season and 0-3 in the Patriot League, while the Mountain Hawks improve to 12-3 overall and 1-0 in the conference.
The Holy Cross No. 1 doubles team of junior co-captain Ryan Sullivan (Medfield, Mass.) and sophomore Nick Berrettini (Haverford, Pa.) lost their match to Mark Goldberg and Mitchell Petersen, 8-2, as the Crusaders could not claim any doubles tilts on the evening.
Holy Cross No. 2 singles player, junior Connor McCann (Centreville, Mass.) was defeated by Petersen 6-1, 6-1, while Crusaders senior Scot Brownell (Plymouth, Mass.) fell to Andrew Krentz in No. 4 singles by the same score.
The Crusaders return to action on Tuesday, March 26, when it travels to Boston, Mass. to take on Boston University at 3:00 p.m.
LEHIGH 7, HOLY CROSS 0
1. Mark Goldberg/Mitchell Petersen (LU) def. Ryan Sullivan/Nick Berrettini (HC) 8-2
2. Matt Savran/Jeremy Kochman (LU) def. Chris Brosnan/Rich DeGregoris (HC) 8-1
3. Ben Gilman/Andrew Krentz (LU) def. Connor McCann/Scot Brownell (HC) 8-0
1. Ben Gilman (LU) def. Nick Berrettini (HC) 6-0, 6-0
2. Mitchell Petersen (LU) def. Connor McCann (HC) 6-1, 6-1
3. Matt Savran (LU) def. Chris Brosnan (HC) 6-0, 6-1
4. Andrew Krentz (LU) def. Scott Brownell (HC) 6-1, 6-1
5. Timur Chernykh (LU) def. Rich DeGregoris (HC) 6-1, 6-1
6. Jeremy Kochman (LU) def. Jeff Paadre (HC) 6-0, 6-0