Men’s Tennis Drops Match To Bryant, 7-0
SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Holy Cross men's tennis team did not score any points, as it was defeated by Bryant, 7-0, on Saturday, Oct. 5 at the Bryant Tennis Courts. With the loss, the Crusaders fall to 1-2 overall, while the Bulldogs begin their dual-match slate with a 1-0 record.
The closest match of the afternoon came in No. 6 singles, as Holy Cross freshman Sean Frebes (Cleveland, Ohio) was defeated in three sets by Alexander Ellwanger, 6-4, 4-6, (10-8). In No. 1 singles, Holy Cross senior captain Ryan Sullivan (Medfield, Mass.) dropped his match to Oliver Welsh, 6-1, 6-1. Crusader freshman Pat O'Shea (Wilbraham, Mass.) lost his No. 4 singles tilt to Joe Sterrey, 7-5, 6-0.
In doubles action, Sullivan and senior captain Chris Brosnan (Garden City, N.Y.) lost their No. 1 singles match, to Welsh and Arguello, 8-4. The Holy Cross No. 3 doubles pair of O'Shea and sophomore Rich DeGregoris (Rockville Centre, N.Y.) also lost by a score of 8-4 to Christian Duarte and Sterrey.
Holy Cross has now concluded the 2013 fall schedule. The 2014 spring slate will be released at a later date.
BRYANT 7, HOLY CROSS 0
1. Oliver Welsh (BRYM) def. Ryan Sullivan (HC), 6-1, 6-1
2. Ernesto Arguello (BRYM) def. Chris Brosnan (HC), 6-0, 6-0
3. Christian Duarte (BRYM) def. Jimmy Ye (HC), 6-2, 6-1
4. Joe Sterrey (BRYM) def. Pat O'Shea (HC), 7-5, 6-0
5. John Templeman (BRYM) def. Rich DeGregoris (HC), 6-2, 6-0
6. Alexander Ellwanger (BRYM) def. Sean Frebes (HC), 6-4, 4-6, 10-8
1. Ernesto Arguello/Oliver Welsh (BRYM) def. Ryan Sullivan/Chris Brosnan (HC), 8-4
2. Corey DiPaola/John Templeman (BRYM) def. Jimmy Ye/Sean Frebes (HC), 8-2
3. Christian Duarte/Joe Sterrey (BRYM) def. Rich DeGregoris/Pat O'Shea (HC), 8-4