Men’s Tennis Falls To Southern New Hampshire, 8-1
MANCHESTER, N.H. – Holy Cross freshman Sean Frebes (Cleveland, Ohio) won his No. 5 singles match for the Crusaders, as they were defeated by Southern New Hampshire, 8-1, in non-conference men's tennis action on Sunday afternoon at the Manchester YMCA. With the win, the Penmen improve to 6-1 overall, while the Crusaders slip to 1-3 on the season in their first match of the spring semester.
Frebes claimed his No. 5 singles match victory over Mark Dobek by a score of 8-2. Holy Cross freshmen Jimmy Ye (Boston, Mass.) and Pat O'Shea (Wilbraham, Mass.) both lost their matches in a tiebreaking set. Ye dropped his No. 3 singles match to Alex Mukdaprakorn, 7-5, 1-6, (10-4), while O'Shea fell in his No. 4 singles tilt, 5-7, 7-6 (10-7) to Evan Eaton. Ye and O'Shea also lost a close No. 2 doubles match to Mukdaprakorn and Eaton, 9-7.
The Crusaders take a month-long hiatus before their next match on March 15, when they will travel to Wagner for a 1:30 contest.
SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE 8, HOLY CROSS 1
1. Mitch Dobek (SNH) def. Ryan Sullivan (HC), 6-3, 6-1
2. Mike Wallace (SNH) def. Chris Brosnan (HC), 6-1, 6-3
3. Alex Mukdaprakorn (SNH) def. Jimmy Ye (HC), 7-5, 1-6, (10-4)
4. Evan Eaton (SNH) def. Pat O'Shea (HC), 5-7, 7-6, (10-7)
5. Sean Frebes (HC) def. Mark Dobek (SNH), 8-2
6. Brad Malenich (SNH) def. Charlie Volkwein (HC), 6-8
1. Mi. Dobek / Wallace (SNH) def. Sullivan / Brosnan (HC), 8-2
2. Mukdaprakorn / Eaton (SNH) def. Ye / O'Shea (HC), 9-7
3. Ma. Dobek / Malenich (SNH) def. Frebes / Volkwein (HC), 9-7