Schedule: Saturday, Jan. 5 at Crowell Open, West Point, N.Y., 9:00 a.m.
Saturday, Jan. 5 at Tiger Invitational, Boston, Mass., 5:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's track and field team is set to begin the 2013 portion of its schedule on Saturday, Jan. 5, with the team splitting up to compete in two different meets. Members of the team will travel to Army to take part in the Crowell Open at 9:00 a.m. while other student-athletes will travel to the Reggie Lewis Center for the Tiger Invitational.
- At last season's Crowell Open, sophomore Nick Athanasidy (Cortlandt Manor, N.Y.) led the Crusaders with a fifth place finish in the 1,000 meter run.
- Sophomore Sean Carey (Newburyport, Mass.) was the top Holy Cross finisher at the 2012 Tiger Invitational, finishing in sixth place in the weight throw. Sophomore Nolan Kiernan (Wakefield, R.I.) and junior Kyle Carr (Westerly, R.I.) added top-10 finishes in the shot put.
- Junior Tim Moczula (Edison, N.J.) leads the team this season with team-best results in the 60 meter hurdles and high jump. Freshman Rob Cacace (Yonkers, N.Y.) and Tim Dunn (Fords, N.J.) each lead the team in two events. Cacace holds the top distances in the long jump and shot put while Dunn leads the team in the 55 meter dash and pole vault.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's track and field team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.