Men's Indoor Track & Field Eyes Patriot League Championship This Weekend
Schedule: Friday-Sunday, Feb. 15-17 at Patriot League Indoor Championship, West Point, N.Y., 10:00 a.m.
Scoreboard: Saturday, Feb. 9 at Valentine Invitational, Cancelled
- The Holy Cross men's indoor track and field team will travel to the Patriot League Championship on Friday-Sunday, Feb. 15-17, hosted by Army.
- Last season, graduate Chandler Fenner led the Crusaders with a fourth place finish in the 60-meter dash. Junior Sam McGrath (Tyngsboro, Mass.), sophomore Mike Galasso (Danvers, Mass.) and junior Tim Moczula (Edison, N.J.) each added top-10 finishes. The 4x800-meter relay team comprised of sophomore Trevor Dutton (Burlington, Mass.), graduate Stephen Madsen, junior Nick Athanasidy (Cortlandt Manor, N.Y.) and McGrath finished in fifth place while the 4x400 team of Galasso, junior Nick Petsky (Manorville, N.Y.), Dutton and McGrath took sixth.
- Bucknell won the 2012 Patriot League Indoor Championship with a team total of 185 points. Navy finished second with 176.25 points followed by Army with 106.
- The Crusaders' final regular season meet was cancelled due to inclement weather last weekend. The Valentine Invitational was scheduled to take place on Saturday, Feb. 9, at Boston University.
- Moczula and freshman Rob Cacace (Yonkers, N.Y.) lead Holy Cross with three team season-best times this year. Moczula leads the Crusaders in the 55 and 60-meter hurdles and has the top height in the high jump. Cacace has recorded the best marks in the long jump, shot put and heptathlon. Sophomore Vuong Tran (Worcester, Mass.) and Dutton each hold two team season-best marks each.