Scoreboard: Jerry Gravel Classic, Westfield, Mass., Cancelled, 3/23
Schedule: Saturday, March 30 at Dick Shea Open, West Point, N.Y., 9:00 a.m.
- The men's track and field team is set to begin its outdoor season this weekend at the Dick Shea Open, hosted by Army, at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 30. The Crusaders were scheduled to open the outdoor season last weekend (3/23) at the Jerry Gravel Classic, but that meet was cancelled to due to recent snow accumulation at the Westfield State facility.
- Last season, junior Kyle Carr (Westerly, R.I.) and sophomores Luke Barrett (Medfield, Mass.), Sean Carey (Newburyport, Mass.) and Nolan Kiernan (Wakefield, R.I.) competed in three throwing events at the Dick Shea Open. Carr was the top Crusader finisher in the hammer throw, Kiernan led the way for HC in the shot put and Carey was the top Holy Cross performer in the discus.
- The Crusaders are scheduled to compete in nine meets this spring, including hosting Bryant, Central Connecticut, Hartford, Maine, Massachusetts and Stonehill on Saturday, April 20, and New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Worcester State on Tuesday, April 23. The team will also host a decathlon on Wednesday and Thursday, April 17-18.
- Freshman Robert Cacace (Yonkers, N.Y.) was the only Crusader to set a new Holy Cross school record during this past indoor season. The rookie posted a score of 3,968 in the heptathlon at the Crowell Open (1/5) hosted by Army.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's track and field team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.