Scoreboard: 28th of 37, New England Outdoor Championship, Easton, Mass., 5/10-5/11
- The men's track and field team concluded the 2013 outdoor season last weekend at the New England Outdoor Championship, hosted by Stonehill. The Crusaders finished in 28th place in the team competition.
- This season, six student-athletes posted team season-best times in their respective track events. Sophomore Vuong Tran (Worcester, Mass.) ran the 100 in 11.15 seconds at the Holy Cross men's meet (4/24). Sophomore Mike Galasso (Danvers, Mass.) sprinted the 400 in 49.34 seconds at the New England Championship (5/11). Junior Sam McGrath (Tyngsboro, Mass.) held the fastest time in the 800 and 1,000, clocking times of 1:53.64 in the 800 at the New England Championship and 3:59.71 in the 1,000 at the Duke Invitational (4/5). Junior Dylan Villescas (Las Cruces, N.M.) ran the 5,000 in 15:02.75 at the UMass Invitational (4/13) and sophomore John Cicchitti (Warminster, Pa.) ran the 10,000 in 31:13.68 at the Duke Invitational. Villescas also holds the top time in the 3,000-meter steeplechase at 9:43.66 at the Patriot League Championship (5/3) and junior Thomas St. Cyr (Temple, N.H.) ran the 110-meter hurdles in 15.57 at the Patriot League Championship.
- In the field events, freshman Tim Dunn (Fords, N.J.) posted the top height on the team in the pole vault at 4.55 meters at the New England Championship. St. Cyr had the longest distance in the long jump at 6.12 meters and junior Paul Coulter (Lakeville, Mass.) landed at 12.33 meters in the triple jump, both at the Holy Cross men's meet. Sophomore Patrick McGuiness (Fairfield, R.I.) threw the discus 31.97 meters at New Hampshire with Maine (4/6), sophomore Sean Carey (Newburyport, Mass.) threw the hammer 46.32 at the Holy Cross Invitational (4/20) and sophomore Brian Wheeler (Malden, Mass.) threw the javelin 49.16 meters at the Snowflake Classic (3/30).
- The Crusaders will graduate two seniors this year including Nick Foster (Trumbull, Conn.) and Nick Poles (Quincy, Mass.). Foster set career-best marks as a junior in the triple jump (11.79 meters) and long jump (5.59 meters). Poles also posted career-best times during his junior season in the 1,000 (2:39.46), 1,500 (4:15.12) and one-mile (4:41.00).
- The 2013 men's track and field season has come to an end.