Crusaders To Participate In IC4A Indoor Championship
Scoreboard: 9th of 37, New England Indoor Championship, Boston, Mass., 2/28-3/1
Schedule: Friday, March 7, IC4A Indoor Championship, Boston, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 8, IC4A Indoor Championship, Boston, Mass., 10:00 a.m.
Sunday, March 9, IC4A Indoor Championship, Boston, Mass., 9:30 a.m.
- Qualifying members of the Holy Cross women's indoor track and field team will return to action at the 2014 IC4A Indoor Championship this weekend, March 7-9, hosted by Boston University.
- Last season, a pair of relay teams led the Crusaders at the IC4A Indoor Championship as the 4x800-meter team comprised of junior Trevor Dutton (Burlington, Mass.) and seniors Nick Petsky (Manorville, N.Y.), Sam McGrath (Tyngsboro, Mass.) and Nick Athanasidy (Cortlandt Manor, N.Y.) took eight while the distance medley relay included sophomore Francisco Tejidor (Coral Gables, Fla.), junior Mike Galasso (Danvers, Mass.), graduate Nick Poles and senior Dylan Villescas (Las Cruces, N.M.) and finished in 17th place overall.
- The Crusaders are coming off a seventh place finish at the New England Indoor Championship. McGrath led the team with a first place finish in the 1,000-meter run, earning GoHolyCross.com Crusader of the Week honors. Sophomore Francisco Tejidor (Coral Gables, Fla.) also had a strong showing in the 1,000, finishing third.
- McGrath and sophomore Lucas Keefer (Yonkers, N.Y.) were each named to the Academic All-Patriot League last week, as voted on by the conference's sports information directors. To be eligible for the Academic All-Patriot League team, a student-athlete must have at least a 3.20 cumulative grade-point average and be a starter of key player in his/her sport. To view the release, click here.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's indoor track and field team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.