Scoreboard: No Team Scores, IC4A Indoor Championship, Boston, Mass., 3/8-3/9
Schedule: End of Indoor Season
- The Holy Cross men's track and field season has come to a close this week after qualifying members competed in the IC4A Indoor Championships last weekend.
- After a somewhat slow start, falling to New Hampshire and Maine in their only dual meets, things came together for the team at their final meet of the season, the Valentine Invitational: "No question this was the best meet of our season and comes at the perfect time for the string of championships in late February," said coach Kavanagh afterwards. The Crusaders rode the momentum throughout their championship stretch, and put together strong performances in all three indoor championship tournaments.
- Holy Cross greatly improved upon its finish in last year's Patriot League Indoor Championships, jumping from 8th of 8 to 6th of 9. At the event, freshman Kyle Quinn (North Andover, Mass.) finished the two-day heptathlon with a new school record score of 4,079.
- The Crusaders followed up their impressive performance at the Patriot League Championship with an even stronger finish at the New England Indoor Championship, coming in seventh out of a field of 37 teams.
- Senior Sam McGrath (Tyngsboro, Mass.) led the way for those members of the team who qualified to run at the IC4A Indoor Championship, posting a career fastest time in the 800 meter.
- McGrath, along with sophomore teammate Lucas Keefer (Yonkers, N.Y.), broke school records at the Valentine Invitational. Keefer broke the record for the 500-meter with a time of 1:04.70 while McGrath's time of 2:25.48 surpassed all others in the 1,000-meter.
- The men's outdoor track and field season is scheduled to begin on Saturday, March 22 at the Jerry Gravel Invitational hosted by Westfield State.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's track and field team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.