Scoreboard: No Team Scores, Nassaney Invitational, Smithfield, R.I., 9/7
Schedule: Friday, Sept. 20, National Catholic Championship, South Bend, Ind., 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 21, UMass Dartmouth Invitational, Dartmouth, Mass.
- Select members of the Holy Cross men's cross country team will return to action on Friday, Sept. 20, at the National Catholic Championship in South Bend, Ind., hosted by Notre Dame. Holy Cross and Notre Dame are the only two schools in the country to have participated in each year of this event.
- Other members of the men's cross country team will compete on Saturday, Sept. 21, at the UMass Dartmouth Invitational in Dartmouth, Mass.
- Last season, the Crusaders finished 16th of 34 teams at the National Catholic Championship. Holy Cross was led by junior John Cicchitti (Warminster, Pa.) who finished 42nd of 276 runners with a time of 26:00. At the 2012 UMass Dartmouth Invitational, the Crusaders finished 24th of 39 participating teams.
- Holy Cross is coming off the Nassaney Invitational, hosted by Bryant. Sophomore Dennis Muldoon (Weymouth, Mass.) was the top HC finisher, taking ninth of 59 runners with a time of 15:51.6.
- The Crusaders are scheduled to run in seven more races this fall, including the Patriot League Championship on Nov. 2 in Easton, Pa., hosted by Lafayette. Qualifying members of the team may also compete at the NCAA Northeast Regional on Nov. 15 and IC4A Championship on Nov. 23.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's cross country team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.