Scoreboard: 7th of 10, National Catholic Championship, South Bend, Ind., 9/20
10th of 28, UMass Dartmouth Invitational, North Dartmouth, Mass., 9/21
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 5 at Paul Short Invitational, Bethlehem, Pa., 10:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross men's cross country team will return to action on Saturday, Oct. 5, at the Paul Short Invitational in Bethlehem, Pa., hosted by Lehigh. The race is set to begin at 10:00 a.m.
- Last season, junior John Cicchitti (Warminster, Pa.) led the Crusaders at the Paul Short Invitational, taking 10th place of 283 runners with a time of 25:35. The team finished in 15th place of 33 teams at the event. Two of the other top-three Holy Cross runners from the 2012 race are also returning as senior Dylan Villescas (Las Cruces, N.M.) and sophomore Francisco Tejidor (Coral Gables, Fla.) finishes in 81st (26:40) and 103rd (26:57), respectively.
- The Crusaders are coming off two meets this past weekend as select members traveled to the National Catholic Championship in South Bend, Ind., hosted by Notre Dame (9/20). Other team members participated in the UMass Dartmouth Invitational (9/21). Sophomore Dennis Muldoon (Weymouth, Mass.) led Holy Cross across the finish line at the National Catholic Championship (19th, 26:09.70) and freshman Patrick Franco (Winchester, Mass.) was the top HC finisher at UMass Dartmouth (47th, 27:31).
- The Crusaders are scheduled to run in five more races this fall, including the Patriot League Championship on Nov. 2 in Easton, Pa., hosted by Lafayette. Qualifying members of the team may also compete at the NCAA Northeast Regional on Nov. 15 and IC4A Championship on Nov. 23.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's cross country team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.