Scoreboard: 25th of 41, New England Championship, Boston, Mass., 10/12
Schedule: Saturday, Nov. 2 at Patriot League Championship, Easton, Pa., 11:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross men's cross country team will return to action on Saturday, Nov. 2, at the Patriot League Championship, hosted by Lafayette. The race will be held at the Metzgar Athletic Complex in Easton, Pa. and is scheduled to begin at 11:00 a.m.
- The Crusaders finished seventh at last year's Patriot League Championship. Junior John Cicchitti (Warminster, Pa.) led the team with a 29th place finish on the 8K Harold H. Lang Cross Country Course at Colgate. Other returning runners this season from the 2012 race included seniors Dylan Villescas (Las Cruces, N.M.) and Nick Petsky (Garden City, N.Y.) and sophomores Dennis Muldoon (Weymouth, Mass.), Francisco Tejidor (Coral Gables, Fla.) and Chris Conley (Walpole, Mass.).
- The Crusaders have not raced in competition since the New England Championship on Oct. 12. The team finished in 25th place at the event. Muldoon led the team with a 31st place finish and time of 25:28. He bettered his career-best time from the 2012 New England Championship by 38 seconds.
- Freshman G. Matt Greco (Blue Bell, Pa.) earned M-F Athletic Patriot League Cross Country Rookie of the Week for his performance at the New England Championship. Greco was the top freshman finisher for the Crusaders, taking 106th at 27:03. This was the first league recognition for Greco and the first time this season any Holy Cross runner has been honored by the league.
- The Crusaders raced in six events this season to prepare for this weekend's Patriot League Championship. Qualifying members of the team may also compete at the NCAA Northeast Regional on Nov. 15 and IC4A Championship on Nov. 23.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's cross country team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.