Holy Cross To Play No. 11 Lafayette This Week
Overall: 2-11 (1-2 Patriot League); Last Week: 0-2 (0-1 PL)
Scoreboard: Bryant 3, Holy Cross 2 (OT), Worcester, Mass. (10/9)
American 2, Holy Cross 0, Washington D.C. (10/13)
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 20 vs. No. 11 Lafayette, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross field hockey team will play one contest this week, as they will host No. 11 Lafayette on Saturday, Oct. 20 at 12:00 p.m. on the Hart Turf Field. The game will be broadcasted live on Crusader Vision.
- The field hockey team will also honor their three graduating seniors, Emily Allen (Lee, N.H.), Megan Bourne (Lake Forest, Ill.) and Kelly Sotsky (Wayne, N.J.) in a "Senior Day" ceremony.
- Holy Cross has lost their last two meetings against the Leopards with their most recent victory coming in a 2-1 overtime win on Oct. 10, 2009. Lafayette leads the overall series with a 15-13 win-loss record.
- The Crusaders lost both of their games last week as they suffered a 3-2 overtime loss to Bryant on Tuesday, Oct. 9 and a 2-0 defeat versus American on Saturday, Oct. 13. Holy Cross falls to 2-11 on the season and 1-2 in Patriot League games.
- Junior forward Carly Grimaudo (Hopewell Junction, N.Y.) scored a goal and tallied an assist against Bryant on Tuesday. She now leads the team in goals (seven), assists (two) and points (16). In the conference, Grimaudo is third with 0.54 goals per game and tied for fifth in total goals.